Nintendo DS Fat Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nobie, Mar 12, 2011.

Mar 12, 2011

Nintendo DS Fat Problem by Nobie at 12:58 PM (2,665 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Nobie
    OP

Newcomer Nobie Newbie

Philippines
    Whenever I try to charge my DS Phat, the orange light goes on for a second then disappears. I've read some accounts about this, and mostly it was a blown fuse problem. But, since I don't have the equipment to check it, I wanted to get opinions from your guys first.

So, this is the whole story. My DS was experiencing some screen issues. The upper screen had those black lines across it. I sent it to a technician and he said that the LCD ribbon was the problem. I waited for about a week but he had not been able to fix it since there was no ribbon available at the moment. I became impatient so I took it back since I saw DealExtreme selling a replacement LCD ribbon for a cheap price. When he gave it to me, the ribbon was removed. So, when I took it home, I tried to put it back. I was successful at opening my DS but to my surprise, I saw the WiFi Antenna Module's wires were disconnected and there was no way to put it back. Thinking that it won't matter since it's just for the WiFi, I placed the cable and put my DS back together. When I turned it on, it didn't work. I thought that the battery was dead so I tried charging it. There, I saw that the orange light does on for a second then disappears. I've searched this in the internet, and read some about blown fuses and cable problems.

Now, I wanted to ask you guys if it was just a cable problem or is it really a blown fuse? I'm still waiting for my ordered cable to arrive and I'll try it as soon as I get my hands on it. For the mean time, I want your opinions about this. If it was a fuse problem, is there any guide specific for the DS Phat about fixing the fuse? Guide with pictures or videos will be very much helpful.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    1st-- Its called a DS PHAT
    2nd--- Your DS's fuse is probably a blown fuse or you just need to put your battery CORRECTLY.

EDIT- 400th post!

3. Nobie
    OP

Newcomer Nobie Newbie

Philippines
    Edited it, except for the title. Thanks.

I'm sure it is not the battery since I checked it many times and I even put a paper so that it would stay in place.

Would the broken WiFi cables have an effect on my DS performance? I mean, if I were not to use the WiFi function for a game, would it matter?

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Probably not.

5. Nobie
    OP

Newcomer Nobie Newbie

Philippines
    Thanks! [​IMG]

Do you know any guide for fixing a blown fuse?

6. Bean_BR

Member Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've had a similar problem with the orange light. I thought it was the charger, so I opened it and found the internal wires "cut. " It was because of both open and close the pins of the charger several times. So I weld the wires of the charger and it worked. But your problem isn't the same, I think [​IMG]

7. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHvspGaiSY[/youtube]

8. Nobie
    OP

Newcomer Nobie Newbie

Philippines
    Thanks! [​IMG]

9. pas

pas Newbie

actually... a broken wifi cable hinders a DS from powering on, as far as I can tell from the DS that I accidently ripped said cable off.... (correct me if I'm wrong)

OH, and sorry for necropsoting

v

10. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Well, this is embarassing.

1 person likes this.