Nintendo announce 3DS launch details!

brooks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that if the price was right, I might get the first version of the 3ds, but that's more than i would ever consider paying for it... ever. besides, by the look of the case, this will get a lot better looking over time. If you get past the excitement of the new features, this is the ugliest console they've made in 4 years.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Nintendo ever officially even released the Wii's hardware specs. I could be wrong though. So, I wouldn't look forward to an official Nintendo spec announcement anytime soon.

Not that it matters, it has awesome games. The end.

MeisterNo874

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
masturbatingbastards.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Croatia
brooks said:
I thought that if the price was right, I might get the first version of the 3ds, but that's more than i would ever consider paying for it... ever. besides, by the look of the case, this will get a lot better looking over time. If you get past the excitement of the new features, this is the ugliest console they've made in 4 years.

Looks fine to me, but the only con about the design is different size between the screens. Just wtf?
mellow.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like I finally have a reason to be saving some of my pay. I'm totally buying this and all the decent launch games the second it hits my local shelves. If for no other reason than to celebrate that due to my new found job, I can actually pay for this sort of thing in cash rather than a combination of traded games and sexual favours.

Any idea what sort of games will be launch titles here in the UK? I'm gonna say that Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Zelda, Mario, Nintencats, Animal Crossing and Street Fighter 4 are probably gonna be there. Hopefully DOA will be a launch title too. 3D jiggle physics FTW.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
graphics look better than expected. launch price is a bit high but justified by what this hardware is doing compared to the dsi. the games look great and a lot of fun. the design of the unit is a bit "phat" and i for one hope they eventually offer a lite version.

i've always loved 3D and i expect i'll pre-order this system. the first nintendo system i've had at launch since the SNES =P.

-another world

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I think this would be the god of all handhelds....with the games coming out it will be like an all purpose handheld...who would have though I could take MGS 3 snake eater on the go or Tales of the Abyss....even Legend of Zelda OOT and Super SFIV, while playing Wii quality games and even being able to play the games I grew up one (hence the GB/GBC games)...I couldn't be more happier with this handheld and its definitely worth the price

EDIT
If this thing gets hacked....It'll be more great when all the homebrews hit.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I SWEAR that video made me wet.

I'm so going to buy it, whatever it takes. Tales of the Abyss, man TALES OF THE ABYSS. Ocarina of Time, Super Street Fighter IV, Dead or Alive, pretty much everything in that video made me want it. It supports GB/GBC/GBA, DSiWare...and, and, and IN THREE DEE. I'm just saying.

*dies*

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not crazy about that design, I don’t see a reason for the bottom screen being smaller, and arguably a second analog stick would make fps games and certain action games much more comfortable but that's debatable. The main problem I have though is the constant revisions of hardware that are inevitably going to hit us. I would have loved the option to pay for a smaller/bigger screen model for lower/higher cost right from release so everyone has a choice for their needs. I use my ds at home so I would love a big screen model, while other people use it day to day while travelling so would like a lite smaller model. I know it's typical nintendo but it's the reason I'm going to wait a bit before getting it; at the very least the price will drop if I wait.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about the price, I'll preorder this as soon as it's available in my country. xD (One of the advantages of having a full-time paid job I guess.)

When I bought the first-gen DS I was thinking "imagine if they made one with actual 3D". And then they did! I love you Nintendo! I'm still using the first-gen DS too, never found a good enough reason to upgrade. Before now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: