Nintendo And Hong Kong Team Up, Raid Pirates

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20%? Please. We're definitely in the tiny minority, like 10% or so. Not every casual who plays a DS feels safe buying weird items like this from China or wherever, especially when even to some of the more techie initiated they are rather confusing.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20%? Please. We're definitely in the tiny minority, like 10% or so. Not every casual who plays a DS feels safe buying weird items like this from China or wherever, especially when even to some of the more techie initiated they are rather confusing.
I wouldn't be surprised. An old family friend came by and asked me about a DS device that plays copies. Granted he didn't know the name but he was very certain that it requires just a micro SD card and that's it and asked me to help him order one.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
My M3Simply was bought at Divineo XP

Still flashcarts are sold as movie players, selling them can't be considered piracy.. it's not the store's fault if you're using it to play commercial games
tongue.gif

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It dosnt take long for word to get about! I was playing Zelda in work the day the US version was dumped and my boss noticed it.... He now has 2 flash carts for both his kids!!
biggrin.gif

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the whole being sold as a movie player argument goes out the door when you look at the updates listing now works with releases x y z etc. All the blurb on both the stores and the flash carts sites make it clear its for more than just movies.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well they can close it and get some millions of $ supposedly..I dunno if they even get compensated..then they just move the factory next door and re-open it (a la bung enterprises -> mr flash -> visoly.de (ahem, .cn)) I'm guessing all this will come to an end within the next 5 years but hopefully not. there's a lot of good stuff to get out there still, these companies just want to monopolize on it all and make the customer have to shell out a lot of $ for entertainment/goods/jewelry/etc.

D

Deleted User

Ever since the day of the piano roll and probably even earlier the 'industry' has been complaining about copying of intellectual property. They keep saying the same old catchphrase that it'll be the 'death of the industry', but guess what, there is still and industry and people still buy whatever products the 'industry' is complaining about getting copied. I'm tired if hearing about it.
Here's a thought;
The Austrailian dollar is worth more than ever now and much more than when Nintendo worked out their pricing stratagy for games. How about Nintendo and other software houses rethink the pricing of their products now and bring pricing more into line with the US and Japan? It's really quite simple $69.95 and $79.95 is just too steeper price for the average gamer to pay in this country which is why people are resorting to 'other' means of playing games. Get it into your thick skull Nintendo, Sony and cohorts I will not risk that sort of money on an average to crap game that I play for 15 minutes and then never pick up again.
Just drop your prices and you will see that people might just buy your software for the glossy booklet and case that comes with your software.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I wouldn't be surprised. An old family friend came by and asked me about a DS device that plays copies. Granted he didn't know the name but he was very certain that it requires just a micro SD card and that's it and asked me to help him order one.

I personally think it's probably 5% or less, it'd be nice to hear the real numbers though. Just think of all the Mums and little girls who wouldn't even bother with flash carts.

Most people with flash carts are either geekish people or ones that heard about it from the geeks. You'd be surprised how many people don't even know how to download stuff off the internets, let alone find NDS roms. (yeah I'm a bit of a geek I guess, I like my technology)

If nintendo really wanted to try and stop pirates they could introduce some sort of 'try before you buy' system that would let you try out games for a number of hours(minutes?) for free so people would get an idea if they want it or not. Soo many games suck on DS it's not worth taking the risk of buying one unless you've played it or know heaps about it.

sonic209

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I personally think it's probably 5% or less, it'd be nice to hear the real numbers though. Just think of all the Mums and little girls who wouldn't even bother with flash carts.

Most people with flash carts are either geekish people or ones that heard about it from the geeks. You'd be surprised how many people don't even know how to download stuff off the internets, let alone find NDS roms. (yeah I'm a bit of a geek I guess, I like my technology)

If nintendo really wanted to try and stop pirates they could introduce some sort of 'try before you buy' system that would let you try out games for a number of hours(minutes?) for free so people would get an idea if they want it or not. Soo many games suck on DS it's not worth taking the risk of buying one unless you've played it or know heaps about it.
even though their have been so many DS's sold its still true that most of the games suck

antking3806

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree I played allot of games for five min or so then ditch them, then there are those good games that I try and like so I support them buy going out and buying the real cart. MPHunters for example and when the ward comes out I'll try then buy. If I bought first and didn't like it I would have a hard time supporting the big "Nin" but that's just my two cents.

I hope you all understand what I'm saying.
wtf.gif
lecture.gif

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
Just drop your prices and you will see that people might just buy your software for the glossy booklet and case that comes with your software.
Agree, game prices are far too high here in Oz.

Using a flash cart is a rare case of where using a copy is actually better than the original because it is MUCH more convenient to have all your games loaded and not have to carry and swap individual cards around. That's a major "selling point" for flash carts.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
20%? 10%? You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Not even 1%.
YUUUUUUUUUUA! have to be kidding me.

IF you go around schools or businesses now-a-days and you ask someone, "Did you see the new R4?". He'll most likely say yeah, I plan to get one or something of that sort. It's at LEAST 25% or GLOBAL DS owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1