heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mariokart610.jpg

Mario Kart 3D has more improvements in store than just hanggliders bolted to the backs of all the cars. It currently features eight-player local wireless racing, and, if everything goes as planned, it'll feature eight-player online as well.

Joystiq asked Mario Kart 3D producer Hideki Konno if the kart racer would feature online play, and he responded "Of course!" Though the current online configuration isn't quite set, "our goal right now is to have the same number of players for both local wireless and multiplayer over wi-fi." The bottleneck at the moment is making sure the game can handle smooth 60FPS frame rate with eight players in both online and offline, 2D and 3D.[/p]

If Nintendo can aim for that, I'll be very pleased although 12 would have been great but I'm not complaining and it's a big step up from 4.

Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good news. Just remembered that Mario Kart DS indeed only had 4 players online. So this is definitely an improvement, a needed evolution.
Mario Kart DS was the bomb by the way, hopefully the 3DS can give me the same pleasure.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is great news! I find 12 players too excessive and chaotic (even for Mario Kart), and is one of the reasons why Mario Kart Wii is my least favourite in the series. If Nintendo pulls this off perfectly, I see no reason as to why Mario Kart 3DS won't become my top MK game.

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nintendo again,tries to explain themselves,im gonna tell yo something guys. ILL prefer gettting a 3ds rather than aiming for a freaking PLaybook killer,for the love of god no wonder Iwata is confused,I you have two consoles that already know that consumers wont fall for gimmicks that'll make the console more expensive than it is today,it just won't work,not in this economy,now,about the 8 player online,well come on...how many players could you have in daytona Usa arcade?...8? i think it's enough chitchat,12 would be ok but if that gonna make the game uncomfortable(Well if they know it's gnna make the game uncomfortable)just don'tn do it,I would've lked a better experience while I'm online thanks.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
boudincaca said:
8 people will be fun... except if someone is cheating or disconnecting.
FUCKING SNAKERS

I hope the drifting system works like in Mario Kart Wii
AGREED

...Except having the bikes' drifting physics/mechanics altered. Instead of taking a risk to get a boost, you get BETTER TURNING and A BOOST.

EDIT: That was confusing. What I described is what it's currently like in Mario Kart Wii.
Which is my favorite in the series. And no one mess with me when I say that my controller of choice is the Wiimote w/out the wheel. I'm pretty hardcore.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
What really annoyed me in Mario Kart DS was the amount of quitters; every time I was winning people just used to disconnect and the amount of games that I've actually been able to finish are really pretty small. Nintendo need to introduce some kind of suspension for the people that do it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
What really annoyed me in Mario Kart DS was the amount of quitters; every time I was winning people just used to disconnect and the amount of games that I've actually been able to finish to really pretty small. Nintendo need to introduce some kind of suspension for the people that do it.
Would that be far for people with a internet that work, but don't work at times?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Livin in a box said:
What really annoyed me in Mario Kart DS was the amount of quitters; every time I was winning people just used to disconnect and the amount of games that I've actually been able to finish to really pretty small. Nintendo need to introduce some kind of suspension for the people that do it.
Would that be far for people with a internet that work, but don't work at times?
Other games do it too, but you can't not put a system in because a small minority have Internet issues with connectivity. And I'm sure there is a way to tell a difference between a person who has quit the game completely and someone else who has lost connection from the Internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users