Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cart.jpg

At last, marshallgs' 64drive is available for ordering. We at GBATemp are proud to present an in depth review of this cartridge. In this review you will find the full feature list of this device, how to operate it, and how to set it up. It is very simple to use and comes with everything you need to start out.

Check the link below for the full review and where to buy.[/p]

icon11.gif
64drive Review @ GBATemp

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_278676

Well I guess this looks good but it's kind of... well it's useless because you can just use the Wii it works better, no need to buy more junk. If you have a soft modded Wii with the homebrew channel it should not be hard to inject a rom into wads to play games that you can't download like Donkey Kong 64 or even use the Wii 64 emulator it works to, if you have windows you can use project 64 and for some games that have problems running gfx download ricevideo n64 plugins and install them works for most.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I guess this looks good but it's kind of... well it's useless because you can just use the Wii it works better, no need to buy more junk. If you have a soft modded Wii with the homebrew channel it should not be hard to inject a rom into wads to play games that you can't download like Donkey Kong 64 or even use the Wii 64 emulator it works to, if you have windows you can use project 64 and for some games that have problems running gfx download ricevideo n64 plugins and install them works for most.
It's not the real experience :)

D

Deleted_278676

It saves more space to use a Wii or a computer and I don't trip over the wires and brake my arm or something else.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for someone like myself i love this there is nothing like playing a game on its intended hardware its the way they were ment to be played

(even though i hate the N64 controller lol)

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How is it useless? You do realize, not all games work with wad injection, right? There are quite a few amazing N64 games that cannot be injected into a .wad for the VC. Also, Wii64 is kind of meh considering it does not support GC controllers properly at times, and doesn't support the classic controller pro. Not to mention, no matter how much progress you make, current n64 emulators aren't ever going to be considered true emulation. They're just a bunch of per-game hacks and patches, that's all.

Also, PJ64 is complete and utter garbage, I can't believe you even think this is a valid option.. Heck, I have access to the beta from the actual site, and I can tell you for a fact, there isn't any work being done on this emulator anymore. It's useless, outdated, and not worth messing around with. The 64drive is the way to go, and compact flash is WAY better than SD for obvious reasons. I can't believe the dev for the ED64 actually wanted to use SD, he's just a cheap moron who's trying to steal marshall's customers with a cheaper product, but you get what you pay for, as in you get a cheap piece of crap when you get the ED64, it wont even work on consoles made after 1998.

There's nothing like playing the games on the actual hardware, and as an actual 64drive owner, I can tell you it's one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I wouldn't even touch an ED64 or a Neo Myth Must have Accessories for Flash Memory 64.

for someone like myself i love this there is nothing like playing a game on its intended hardware its the way they were ment to be played

(even though i hate the N64 controller lol)

Agreed, this is totally how it should be; although, a hori-pad for the N64 is a must have :P
The following video is a demonstration video I made not long after I received my 64drive. It's 10 minutes long, so I hope you enjoy. I made this video the day I got my 64drive, and got the 6105 CIC working.

64drive Demonstration

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It saves more space to use a Wii or a computer and I don't trip over the wires and brake my arm or something else.

Not only is that one of the daftest things I've ever heard, but you do know that N64 emulation is faaaaaaaaar from perfect don't you? Some games work alright but alot of them are emulated terribly.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you.. stupid?

I ordered a 64drive, and I got it in the mail, I've even posted a video demonstrating it. He's building them all himself, and he's in college, so don't be butt hurt if it doesn't ship the next day. It may take a week or two to ship it, as he's doing them in the order that they were paid for.

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also emailed him and yes he is building them as we speak all by himself so it takes time.
I will update here when i get mine in the mail.

Also, keep in mind that since you're outside of the United States, it'll take a bit longer for you to receive yours. It's a quality product and well worth the wait, best 200 USD I've spent in awhile.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the video was ok , I watched most of it ( dude , why dont u have a flat screen ) I prefer to emulate my games , screw the old hardware , unless its the original NES lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's nothing better then playing games on the real hardware.

Hopefully with this some good N64 homebrew games will emerge
(and I finally can leave my original carts in their boxes)

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the video was ok , I watched most of it ( dude , why dont u have a flat screen ) I prefer to emulate my games , screw the old hardware , unless its the original NES lol

Eh, this is just my computer/gaming room, I have a flat screen elsewhere. I prefer to use CRT for a lot of consoles, and I'll usually use my 360 or PS3 through HDMI on my monitor, which is 24 inches and has a 1920x1080 resolution. The only reason I like CRT is that N64, Gamecube, PS2, and various older consoles, just look better on it. The N64 doesn't look too bad on LCDs though, played it on a 50 inch over at a friend's house one night when we were having a retro gaming night. I might pick me up another N64 to perform the RGB mod on it, or figure out how to use VGA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.