Hardware Nintendo 3DS XL is bricked with blue light and nothing makes it react... read for more info

tsukimaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
So... Here's the short story
This 3DS came to me as a repair challenge from someone. They alledge that the 3ds was working fine up until one night the owner turned it off and it never turned on again afterwards. Things to note here are:
- The 3DS is not a hacked unit
- A previous repair attempt was made by unbricking it via software but the previous technician gave up on it really easily and diagnosed a bad Flex (which I completely doubt)
- I've already attempted ntrboot to hack it and perform a ctrnandtransfer but it doesn't seem to work either. I get no response from the console.

I also attempted to do a hardmod nand re-write in case it was the Nand but despite the fact that it somehow allowed me to export the nand iso to my PC, it never showed signs of life. In the video I even attempted to unplug the screen flex and the volume+3d flex (separately) and the behavior persists.

I need some help here or some advice as it would be highly appreciated.

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Here's the short story
This 3DS came to me as a repair challenge from someone. They alledge that the 3ds was working fine up until one night the owner turned it off and it never turned on again afterwards. Things to note here are:
- The 3DS is not a hacked unit
- A previous repair attempt was made by unbricking it via software but the previous technician gave up on it really easily and diagnosed a bad Flex (which I completely doubt)
- I've already attempted ntrboot to hack it and perform a ctrnandtransfer but it doesn't seem to work either. I get no response from the console.

I also attempted to do a hardmod nand re-write in case it was the Nand but despite the fact that it somehow allowed me to export the nand iso to my PC, it never showed signs of life. In the video I even attempted to unplug the screen flex and the volume+3d flex (separately) and the behavior persists.

I need some help here or some advice as it would be highly appreciated.

View attachment 379926

I can see the problem here, you’ve definitely have a bad cable connection or a damaged one, I would open up the 3ds and check for rips on any cable and double check the connections, the 3ds will refuse to turn on if anything is damaged inside or a part is missing. Oh btw, your video doesn’t work.

Also you might have force bricked your system since you attempted to mod it in this state, but before you do anything with modding I would check it as mentioned above.

tsukimaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
I can see the problem here, you’ve definitely have a bad cable connection or a damaged one, I would open up the 3ds and check for rips on any cable and double check the connections, the 3ds will refuse to turn on if anything is damaged inside or a part is missing. Oh btw, your video doesn’t work.

Also you might have force bricked your system since you attempted to mod it in this state, but before you do anything with modding I would check it as mentioned above.
cables are not the problem as I even try to boot the unit with no ribbons attached and it would act the exact same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol