awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, or maybe it's just a given. I didn't think of it until a few weeks ago.

But, with the web browser, you most likely will be able to open it without closing any open software. It makes sense, because everything else at the top can be opened at anytime, and if this is true that's awesome.

Sorry if this is way old news or something, but I've never seen anyone mention it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the browser has been confirmed to work with multitasking.
biggrin.gif

awssk8er

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
biggrin.gif
Ok, cool.

That's sweet. I hate getting stuck in a game, and having to go to a computer to look it up. This way you could just tab out, and use the browser. That's so awesome.

Thanks for confirming this.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian said:
it's said that Nintendo 3DS web browser arrives 7 June.Would you use your Nintendo 3DS to browse the web?
unsure.gif

I would if I had a 3DS. I still use my DSi browser on occasion to post on gamefaqs and other simple sights. If the 3DS offers faster loading with support for more features (not holding my breath for flash), I would be all in.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir_Voe said:
Sebastian said:
it's said that Nintendo 3DS web browser arrives 7 June.Would you use your Nintendo 3DS to browse the web?
unsure.gif

I would if I had a 3DS. I still use my DSi browser on occasion to post on gamefaqs and other simple sites. If the 3DS offers faster loading with support for more features (not holding my breath for flash), I would be all in.

The DSi's web browser really isn't that great, but it was still decent. I doubt we'll see Flash 10 running on a 3DS. That would be a miracle.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Sebastian said:
unsure.gif

I don't have a laptop, and I have just a simple cellphone for calling, so yes, when I'm out and about, I would use it for the web wherever I go that has wifi, like my university.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
m3rox said:
The DSi's web browser really isn't that great, but it was still decent. I doubt we'll see Flash 10 running on a 3DS. That would be a miracle.
I can see Flash working on it, the browser has the capability to, and it would be a disappointment to not let the 3DS utilize such a useful feature.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:
biggrin.gif

This way you could just tab out, and use the browser. That's so awesome.

On the other hand, browser's capabilities might be severly reduced due to the fact that only a small portion of 3DS' memory is made available to apps that can be ran in the background (as most of RAM will be occupied by the suspended game - unless they implement some kind of swapfile / saving states).

QUOTE(leeday100196 @ May 18 2011, 07:22 AM)
I can see Flash working on it, the browser has the capability to, and it would be a disappointment to not let the 3DS utilize such a useful feature.

It's not only the question of using existing feature. For instance, Adobe might want some royalties for playing Flash, and Nintendo is known for cutting costs (e.g. MP3 was not supported by DSi). Also, 3DS' hardware might not be powerful enough to support Flash 10 playback with decent framerates. Also, there is the classic problem with Flash games relying on the "mouse over" event, which works on desktop computers (mouse cursor is displayed all the time), while not making any sense on touchscreen-based devices...

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pachura said:
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:
biggrin.gif

This way you could just tab out, and use the browser. That's so awesome.

On the other hand, browser's capabilities might be severly reduced due to the fact that only a small portion of 3DS' memory is made available to apps that can be ran in the background (as most of RAM will be occupied by the suspended game - unless they implement some kind of swapfile / saving states).

QUOTE(leeday100196 @ May 18 2011, 07:22 AM)

It's not only the question of using existing feature. For instance, Adobe might want some royalties for playing Flash, and Nintendo is known for cutting costs (e.g. MP3 was not supported by DSi). Also, 3DS' hardware might not be powerful enough to support Flash 10 playback with decent framerates. Also, there is the classic problem with Flash games relying on the "mouse over" event, which works on desktop computers (mouse cursor is displayed all the time), while not making any sense on touchscreen-based devices...
True, but they COULD use Flash 7? As far as I've read, they CAN utilize flash 7 (bare minimum) to play Youtube videos and the like... If the wii can, the 3DS can.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
lol, this thread turned into those other two threads.
"yeah i'd use my 3ds browser!!! it has the flashes because it do be netfroooont"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs