Nintendo 3ds Top 3d screen cracked

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by soratheultima, Jun 9, 2011.

Jun 9, 2011
  1. soratheultima
    OP

Member soratheultima GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well as the title says my Nintendo 3ds's Top screen is cracked it must have happened while it was in its case and i had headphones in there and i guess while they were in my backpack they smashed something inside cus its cracked on the inside and its just a tiny part to! but it causes the whole screen to be black! im so angry right now and i have no idea what i should do can anybody help? i tried going to the customer service and put my serial number in but it actually costs money to send it in? WTF? i just bought the thing didn't it have warranty or something?

2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    according to ninty it's physical damage. that's why you gotta pay

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Something similar to this happened to me before.
    Go into Nintendo's support site and claim that the 'L' and 'R' button stopped working without any fault of your own. Enter your serial number and it should be repaired for free.

I've done this in the past and the company Nintendo outsources the repairs to simply replaced the system.

How To:
    • Go to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/index.jsp and select Troubleshooting
    • After that select 'Hardware'. Then on the left hand-side, pick the topic 'Buttons' and then select 'Any Other Button is Not Responding or Functioning'.
    • Pick 'Multiple Games or Applications'
    • It should say the system needs to be repaired. Press the repair link that appears.
    • Enter your serial number and it should say 'Factory Service (no charge)'!

4. soratheultima
    OP

United States
    Wow thanks soul snatcher but will that really work what if nintendo won't repair the screen at all when i send it in though? i don't want them to return it fixed and wanting me to pay for it.

5. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    You should include a note inside the box you're shipping to them that says you need the screen repaired.
    Nintendo is not going to see the note. Only the repair company.

They shouldn't be able to charge you, anyways considering you haven't submitted any credit card information.

6. soratheultima
    OP

United States
    Woah and you can really do that? amazing! thanks alot [​IMG] ill do that then

7. katrina0126

Newcomer katrina0126 Member

United States
    Sorry to hear this bad news,You can complain the manufacturers.

8. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Whoa!
    I didn't quite get you, so maybe you could upload a few pics?

9. ccfreak2k

Newcomer ccfreak2k Advanced Member

United States
    That won't happen, since you could claim that you didn't actually want the device repaired. Even if it did happen, you could simply choose not to pay and they'd be stuck with a refurb unit. It's better for them to get your money first or just send the device back to you as-is.

10. dangerboy

Banned dangerboy Banned

United States
    or try to get them to think it happened during shipping. use SoulSnatchers method and then leave a long detailed note about how the L+ R button is broken, maybe they will do ya a favor

11. pachura

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

At last ! 3DS top screen is cracked ! Now we just have to crack the bottom screen and we're ready to play 3DS ROMs and custom firmware and homebrew !

12. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm pretty sure the repair technicians will see the note, box your system back up, then ship it right back as is. Physical screen damage is not covered under any warranty and trying to pass it off as another unrelated problem to receive a new system is fraud and illegal in just about... well... everywhere.