Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo 3DS tag mode explained
Share data with other 3DS owners
3DS-tag1.jpg

Okay, so the Nintendo 3DS ships with a tag mode that is more advanced than in current DS games. It allows you to swap data such as highscores, ghost data and miis with other 3DS users while the 3DS is in sleep mode. You do not have to be in a game on the 3DS to swap data. Data for all your games that allow tag mode will be swapped with passers-by. Here's how it works:

When you comes into contact with other 3DS owners your system will automatically send your mii character and other game data to that person. When you receive data a special light on the top right of the 3DS will start flashing (like the blue light on the Wii).

3DS-tag2.jpg

On the main menu of the 3DS there is a special button for tag mode on the top of the screen. All your tag mode data will be shown there.

3DS-tag3.jpg

You will be greeted with a list of the data that has been shared. Each game will have its own section.

3DS-tag4.jpg

The top screen will display a profile of the person you came in contact with and what game you shared data for.

3DS-tag5.jpg

You will also be able to see a mii parade of other people's miis holding the game icon for the game you shared data for.

3DS-tag6.jpg

You will be able to go in-game to access the data. Some examples that have been given include seeing other mii characters on walks with their pets in Nintendogs + Cats and using ghost data to automatically fight random passers-by in Super Street Fighter 3D Edition. When you get home and check the data you will be able to see how many people you beat or lost to while you were out walking.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a good idea, but it wont really go for those that dnt exactly have their 3DS always with them, let alone to find someone to automatically exchange data with (im sure this isn't an issue with japan, like everyone will have one)

regradless a good idea, but not something i'd use, ... waiting for more useful news, but i think we have it all i suppose.

any word of a PROPER built in media player?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything they show here is of no interest to me. I don't give a shit about strangers Mii's, stats and so on. I guess it'll be good for RPG's that may feature this so you can level up without playing but I'd rather level up by you know...using skill.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Japanese people seem to love this function and I think to have this actually integrated within the system itself rather then having it separately integrated in each game is very good and will also cause developers to actually integrate the function in games...

I`m glad, that things like Miis and this function makes it a little more social, which makes much more sense on a portable system. If Nintendos marketing-team is as good as I think they are they`ll going to advertise the shit out of this
tongue.gif
(hints as SSFIV3D)

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
XLarge said:
So... is wifi always on or is it something you have to do by yourself?

When you walk around with the 3DS ut's obviously not using Wi-Fi, duh cause you can't have free Wi-Fi or any Wi-Fi wherever you are
tongue.gif

But if you meant like, Is the 3DS always connected as long as there's a connection in range, My answer to that question is like, yeah I guess so. They're leaning more to like Wii-ish.
Remember though, My response isn't 100% right. Cause like, the console isn't even released yet. What's been shown/announced is what we know.
I hope this thing will have a FC messaging system like the Wii!
biggrin.gif

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonicslasher said:
I don't give two shits about my 3DS mating with other DSs like some kind of promiscuous teenager
dry.gif
unsure.gif

By the sounds of things my 3ds will loose its virginity faster than me.

Yer dont see how this gonna actually help GAMING, for westerners smarter than your average bear this is of little to no use.

D

Deleted_171835

Tag mode is pretty interesting.
I would prefer if Tag Mode listed the person's friend-code so I could play with them too instead of them just being a passing-by stranger. I like it, though!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Concerning L+ Rumor sharing, Konami really wants us shut-ins and curious importers a real Virtual Girlfriend experience. I wonder what else will come of this especially for this particular game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since