GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When you comes into contact with other 3DS owners your system will automatically send your mii character and other game data to that person.
Seems like a good way to stalk someone
smileipb2.png

Also Nintendo, nice way to get parents to blame you for more stuff. First the pictochat and now they will use this.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gamefreak94 said:
Also Nintendo, nice way to get parents to blame you for more stuff. First the pictochat and now they will use this.
They had a point with PictoChat. Going by the amount of news regarding it, there really are 16 paedophiles within 30 feet of you at all times.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I wonder is if they will give you a way to turn off this tag-mode stuff. I do not want any 3DS I may end up with communicating with other 3DS's without my consent. Just seems like a waste of battery life for someone who doesn't care about it.....like me.

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea behind these features, but outside of Japan, it just won't get anywhere at all. Even here in NYC, where we actually have a decent subway system and, I'm sure, a fair amount of DS owners, you can never find anyone just hanging out playing DS games with some kind of share feature on. Not even at Nintendo World.
I'd love to see this change, and Tag Mode has a slight chance of doing it, but... Honestly, for the most part, it seems incredibly unlikely. Mainly because Americans are spread thinly across the landscape aside from a few major centers, whereas Japan is... well, Japan. Ever seen videos of the Japanese subways at rush hour?

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Supakitsune said:
I like the idea behind these features, but outside of Japan, it just won't get anywhere at all. Even here in NYC, where we actually have a decent subway system and, I'm sure, a fair amount of DS owners, you can never find anyone just hanging out playing DS games with some kind of share feature on. Not even at Nintendo World.
I'd love to see this change, and Tag Mode has a slight chance of doing it, but... Honestly, for the most part, it seems incredibly unlikely. Mainly because Americans are spread thinly across the landscape aside from a few major centers, whereas Japan is... well, Japan. Ever seen videos of the Japanese subways at rush hour?
Since it's all automatic all the time, there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm certainly interested. If they ever get homebrew working on the 3DS, though, things will get REAL EXCITING.

Also, I hate friend codes. I HATE FRIEND CODES. HAAAATTEEEE FRIEND CODES. There better be something better this time.

MeisterNo874

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
masturbatingbastards.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I actually like this, it gives you a great feel of next-gen console.
BUT! Battery, battery is the question now!

FireGrey said:
Anyway pedophiles are gonna be storming all over the 3DS
tongue.gif

Its not like it's going to share personal info or photos. And i think not even the hardest pedophile can fap to Mii icon
tpi.gif

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TheTwoR's said:
XLarge said:
So... is wifi always on or is it something you have to do by yourself?

When you walk around with the 3DS ut's obviously not using Wi-Fi, duh cause you can't have free Wi-Fi or any Wi-Fi wherever you are
tongue.gif

But if you meant like, Is the 3DS always connected as long as there's a connection in range, My answer to that question is like, yeah I guess so. They're leaning more to like Wii-ish.
Remember though, My response isn't 100% right. Cause like, the console isn't even released yet. What's been shown/announced is what we know.
I hope this thing will have a FC messaging system like the Wii!
biggrin.gif
I didn't mean internet connection, I'm just concerned if the wifi is always searching it may drain alot of battery, am I right?

turnstile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XLarge said:
TheTwoR's said:
XLarge said:
So... is wifi always on or is it something you have to do by yourself?

When you walk around with the 3DS ut's obviously not using Wi-Fi, duh cause you can't have free Wi-Fi or any Wi-Fi wherever you are
tongue.gif

But if you meant like, Is the 3DS always connected as long as there's a connection in range, My answer to that question is like, yeah I guess so. They're leaning more to like Wii-ish.
Remember though, My response isn't 100% right. Cause like, the console isn't even released yet. What's been shown/announced is what we know.
I hope this thing will have a FC messaging system like the Wii!
biggrin.gif
I didn't mean internet connection, I'm just concerned if the wifi is always searching it may drain alot of battery, am I right?

well, if you leave a ds to hibernate mode for the whole day to wifi.... it's definitely gonig to run out of battery.
but i dunno about the wifi if it's going to drain the battery faster, though. hopefully the 3ds has a better battery

... and i'm definitely not excited about this tag mode, especially if games are going to utilize this (Ii'm talkin' about you, DRAGON QUEST IX!). unfortunately, the rest of the world is not as densely populated like japan... and not everyone has a DS. SADS

HiRuMi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You guys saw the video. That woman started her day, took the 3DS off the charger stand. And when her day ends, there it is on the charger stand... still on.
Meaning, the battery life must be pretty darn long. Unless its just a pack of lies about flippin' in out here and there until her day ends and the battery life still sustaining.

D

Deleted_171835

HiRuMi said:
You guys saw the video. That woman started her day, took the 3DS off the charger stand. And when her day ends, there it is on the charger stand... still on.
Meaning, the battery life must be pretty darn long. Unless its just a pack of lies about flippin' in out here and there until her day ends and the battery life still sustaining.
Or it was just charging using the charging stand while updating content in a low-power mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...