Gaming Nintendo 3DS System Update

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hmm, the number of users on this thread keeps growing despite the frustration, interesting.
smile.gif

ShadowTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't make a difference to Nintendo whether or not they brick my 3DS I guess, I have 0 3DS games for my system. Though the thought of them taking my system away from me when I haven't even had the chance to really use it yet is just stupid. I don't plan on pirating anything, I strictly use back ups on my Acekard. I'm not going out of my way to make Nintendo lose money, I buy all my games, I don't think I should be punished for it. They'd be losing my money in general, I wouldn't be able to buy any of their online software and I wouldn't buy any of their games because I wouldn't be able to play them. Thanks Nintendo I just gave you a free 250 dollars, hope you enjoyed it because you're not getting anymore money from me. You've just lost yourself a customer who has been with you since he was a little kid being excited about Pokemon Red and Blue and actually went out of his way to buy Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Fire Red, Emerald, Pearl, Heart Gold, and White. So yeah. Hope you enjoyed my money while it lasted. That is, if they decide to brick consoles, which would be stupid.

That'd be like Valve bricking your computer for adding an indie game that you downloaded for free to Steam, or if you got a DVD from Netflix and tried to watch it on your computer and it gets bricked because you have the potential to copy the DVD illegally.

Corporations are really stretching the amount of power they think they have, hell companies expect you to buy one copy of software for every system you use.

On top of that, what's to stop Nintendo from bricking 3DS's from kids who have used AR's on them? Those aren't authorized hardware by Nintendo and Nintendo has always been against that type of thing. So yeah, if they do brick consoles for using unauthorized hardware they're going to brick a ton of consoles in the future, I hope it's worth it.

Chromagram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebz said:
papermario13689 said:
I still fail to see why everyone's frustrated by this.

It's just a small bit of impatience. A bit reasonable since that's just how people are when they can speak their mind in such places.
That's credible, I suppose. I'll give my two bits and say that Nintendo hasn't gone back on their word yet. "The evening of June 6, PST", and it's still evening here in PST where I live.
wink.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Snailface said:
'The system is up to date'

I've been lied to many times today.
rofl2.gif

I hate how it shows a damn progress bar everytime as though it,s bout to download the update
dry.gif

That and every time it lies to us it then needs to restart the system as though it had updated...

Dash_2

Hello I'm Dash!
Trophies
Website
www.gofundme.com
XP
Country
Hydreigon said:
508 people are reading this thread lol. Are we all waiting for the update?

Any time now, Nintendo...

yeah we all are i tried to update like not to long ago and then it stayed at updated for 3 mins no progress and said up to date idk about you guys but i got a message from nintendo early in the morning saying the update will be up in the evening and nothing hahaha....

and btw loving that avatar! bottoms up when it goes live guys haha

grog.gif

sniperseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that bothers me most is that i didnt get the notification at all!
and every time i try to update it says error has occoured restart the system...

YOUR MOVE NINTENDO WERE ALL WAITING...

azariaspice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting all night! I expected it would've been up a lot sooner, since a lot of younger kids are likely excited for it too. Especially since one of the launch titles is a free Pokedex app. But Sony's E3 conference kept me entertained for a while.

I'm excited, mostly just cos I'd like to check out the way the store will run and I'd like to try out the Web Browser! My boyfriend wants to use it to go on Facebook, cos he doesn't go on often, but wants to update from his 3DS. The Pokedex looks like fun too!

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
Snailface said:

rofl2.gif

I hate how it shows a damn progress bar everytime as though it,s bout to download the update
dry.gif

That and every time it lies to us it then needs to restart the system as though it had updated...
LOL Same here... Maybe if it said it were searching for an update or something I would feel a bit more at ease.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
Snailface said:

rofl2.gif

dry.gif

i know right! it kills me alittle bit inside every time lol

Dash_2

Hello I'm Dash!
Trophies
Website
www.gofundme.com
XP
Country
Nebz said:
jamesaa said:
Snailface said:

rofl2.gif

dry.gif

LOL Same here... Maybe if it said it were searching for an update or something I would feel a bit more at ease.

lol amen i feel you there all evening its been doing that i get filled with hope and bam nintendo takes it away i love this game...

wait wait wait till june 7th hell they might even delay it a day or two... just messing about though
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: