What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
say the guy "Blabla i am prah cuz i joined 2 yearz ago".

Then they need to stop the fundraiser cause is a lame.
Lol. This is kinda funny.
Anyways, the Fundraiser should stay, and everyone knows this except for you apparently? I would like to help the hackers (neimod/yellows8) to find a better exploit. Heck, maybe a Hardware exploit or keys that Ninty doesnt want them to find. You know why yellows8 DOESNT want to release the exploit right now (EVEN if you had a way to make programs to work with the 3ds with the exploit, btw), its because it could be easily patched. So, a few people who were smart enough (or dedicated enough) to get the exploit installed before they ever do any updates, and the rest of the people who will update games and get patches will be screwed.It would be DSi all over again until another exploit was found. Keeping Ninty in the dark by not releasing the exploit to anyone else allows them to use it on newer and newer firmware (until Ninty finally finds it somehow in a wild goose chase) and that can have A LOT of benefits (like maybe bigger revisions of code changes could leave open doors that were easy to see unless you could probe the system software with the exploit and homebrew code. People asking that the exploit should be released this month or even now or in the next few months have no idea what they are talking about ( or are just being SUPER optimistic). Especially since the current exploit on release would be patched asap when Ninty got its hands on it.

Reactions: Syphurith

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Lol. This is kinda funny.
Anyways, the Fundraiser should stay, and everyone knows this except for you apparently? I would like to help the hackers (neimod/yellows8) to find a better exploit. Heck, maybe a Hardware exploit or keys that Ninty doesnt want them to find. You know why yellows8 DOESNT want to release the exploit right now (EVEN if you had a way to make programs to work with the 3ds with the exploit, btw), its because it could be easily patched. So, a few people who were smart enough (or dedicated enough) to get the exploit installed before they ever do any updates, and the rest of the people who will update games and get patches will be screwed.It would be DSi all over again until another exploit was found. Keeping Ninty in the dark by not releasing the exploit to anyone else allows them to use it on newer and newer firmware (until Ninty finally finds it somehow in a wild goose chase) and that can have A LOT of benefits (like maybe bigger revisions of code changes could leave open doors that were easy to see unless you could probe the system software with the exploit and homebrew code. People asking that the exploit should be released this month or even now or in the next few months have no idea what they are talking about ( or are just being SUPER optimistic). Especially since the current exploit on release would be patched asap when Ninty got its hands on it.
Well I agree with you. However..Wow.
I wrote to Elisherer about whether should i help those who want to donate in such days, and his answer seems to be no.
1.yeh The number of 'Total Raised' funds has been out of changes for a long time. I'm losing confidence about the decapping plan. I'm sure i've contacted Jl12 when i donated a few and now still waiting for his confirmation about my second attempt. please give me some suggestions about whether i should help others donate or not, and why. Also can you please comment about the status 3dbrew is been, ie, 'now in an ebb'.

1. The 3ds already been hacked by neimod so now it's the waiting game until he and yellows8 will figure out all the apis and release the exploit. so I wouldn't put all my chips on the decapping, although it might help.
In fact i'm very longing for those where the decapping may help. Right the exploit is weak to patches. hardware is nearly the truth revealed to software. It could certainly make progress (if you'd like to say, 'my opinion'). (but i'm still waiting for Jl12..) Someone told me that the team talking about decapping and the team of that 2 guys are not the same one, so.. (wtf i'm talking about.)
The update frequency of 3dbrew is not that fast as it used to be. I'm considering.. well.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I agree with you. However..Wow.
I wrote to Elisherer about whether should i help those who want to donate in such days, and his answer seems to be no.

In fact i'm very longing for those where the decapping may help. Right the exploit is weak to patches. hardware is nearly the truth revealed to software. It could certainly make progress (if you'd like to say, 'my opinion'). (but i'm still waiting for Jl12..) Someone told me that the team talking about decapping and the team of that 2 guys are not the same one, so.. (wtf i'm talking about.)
The update frequency of 3dbrew is not that fast as it used to be. I'm considering.. well.
Well, you can't rely on the decap since everyone has known there was the possibility it wouldn't help. But, the decap could easily help too, though. I wish we could just find a few big fish or whales to make donations. But yeah, anyone asking for a release of this specific exploit is asking for trouble. It needs to be kept a secret so that yellow and neimod have the biggest chance they can get. Anyone who thinks that releasing it soon (within the next few months) would not only be disappointed by the fact that they can't do anything with it, but they would also jeopardize the 3DS scene. Releasing this exploit should be a last resort if Ninty somehow became a full company of robots that could write code at a near perfect level lol. Anyone who wants it too soon is dilutional due to their over abundant eagerness and/or hunger to pirate the crap out of games.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, you can't rely on the decap since everyone has known there was the possibility it wouldn't help. But, the decap could easily help too, though. I wish we could just find a few big fish or whales to make donations. But yeah, anyone asking for a release of this specific exploit is asking for trouble. It needs to be kept a secret so that yellow and neimod have the biggest chance they can get. Anyone who thinks that releasing it soon (within the next few months) would not only be disappointed by the fact that they can't do anything with it, but they would also jeopardize the 3DS scene. Releasing this exploit should be a last resort if Ninty somehow became a full company of robots that could write code at a near perfect level lol. Anyone who wants it too soon is dilutional due to their over abundant eagerness and/or hunger to pirate the crap out of games.
I think so. However i'm just a n00b trying to document something. So please not hate Elisherer or anyone thinking in that way. In fact i must say sorry to him because i paste his reply on this forum without his permission. (I'll be careful next time.)
Release it is not a good idea, but what if it only spawn within the group of verified developers. Even with the APIs they documented may help make homebrew. (oh yes what if someone is only a stealer from big company. Dude i can not think of that. I thought neimod's photos may help a little but someone told me that it is too complex for them to make a circuit without detailed sample.)
Well there is risk as well. I hope decapping it for 2 reason.
1.I was graduated with a profession related to microwave, and i'm interested about what a SEM image is.
2.All the cryptography algorithm would be a joke if on hardware level..However we will need IC Engineer or anything else similiar to that then (if successfully imaged, to check those images.)
I was talking about decapping with my friends and get someone who want donate too. So it's pity Jl12 can not respond to me in time. Maybe they're all waiting for that exploit. You may have to change their mind or have neimod/yellows8 to confirm that (I mean the reason why they can not publish it and why we should continue the attempt on decapping.).
Well have a good day, not trouble yourself too much.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/5.0.0-11
Well it seems that Nintendo has corrected some of the vulnerabilities found by 3dbrew hackers...
I think it's time to play the waiting game and not updating...
I've decided to keep my 3ds out of date at least for two years, also not to play any 3ds game.
most exploits can be fixed easily. well but hardware ones can only be fixed by pushing a new version of device to marketplace. That's why i think decapping is better.
If you think DS games are enough for you. You can have it never updated.
Besides i heard the newest system will use background transfer to download updates or other things. So that's touching the line.
the two guys might not consider about releasing it, or say very long time. (well i found no access for someone himself to delete his own post.)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is there someone who can ask neimod/yellows if they're releasing the hack now that it's been blocked?
Oh guy. take a look at the IRC log (from 'A new update tonight')
IRC version of all the bad news. :(
Don't update kids.
Code:
[01:27]    yellows8    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/5.0.0-11#NATIVE_FIRM_and_other_titles
[01:28]    crowell    so, not good... do you still have any exec, yellows8 ?
[01:28]    yellows8    nope
[01:30]    |<--    Tear has left efnet (Read error: Operation timed out)
[01:43]    -->|    _3DSGuy ([email protected]) has joined #3dsdev
[01:44]    _3DSGuy    Hmm, I don't like the update
[01:44]    _3DSGuy    both errdisp and NATIVE_FIRM updated
[01:46]    yellows8    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/5.0.0-11#NATIVE_FIRM_and_other_titles "Multiple
NATIVE_FIRM code execution vulnerabilities was fixed." <- code exec hax used by this
savegame hax was fixed.
[01:49]    crowell    did neimod have any other code execution paths?
[01:49]    _3DSGuy    okay, now I'm sad
[01:49]    crowell    or was he just using yours too?
[01:49]    _3DSGuy    At least I didn't update
[01:50]    yellows8    "or was he just using yours too?" on his non-ramhax 3ds systems yes.
[01:50]    crowell    ramhaxx meaning the crazy fpga-setup?
[01:51]    yellows8    ofcourse
[01:51]    _3DSGuy    @yellows8 does this mean the save hack won't see the light of day now?
[01:54]    yellows8    wasn't planning on using that code exec hax in any public release
anyway, but they could have fixed vulns in the arm11 kernel too.
What i'm only longing for now is what progress would that chip decapping bring us. You know hardware can never easily patched.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon XY confirmed for requiring 5.0.0+ firmware update.

Nintendo basically killed the homebrew scene before it could even start. Even downloading a demo from the eShop will require a system update. Sure, a handful of you here might keep your system from being updated, but a majority of the systems out there will be updated to the latest version. Not to mention all the incoming "little brother updated my 3DS help!!" posts.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Pokemon XY confirmed for requiring 5.0.0+ firmware update.
Nintendo basically killed the homebrew scene before it could even start. Even downloading a demo from the eShop will require a system update. Sure, a handful of you here might keep your system from being updated, but a majority of the systems out there will be updated to the latest version. Not to mention all the incoming "little brother updated my 3DS help!!" posts.
Well that only matters if i have already played all my DS games..
Sorry i'm now tired of playing Pokemon, so that would never affect me.
Someone is considering to capture the whole package send and get while 3ds is connect to eshop. If successfully decoded and resigned we may even use a proxy to cheat the system version. So eShop may be cheatable (however those 3ds games can not Orz).
Well i found 3ds's updates not useful for me.. So i have no trouble in refusing them.
I though 3ds system update will only helps blocking carts, however it isn't..lol

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not to worried, about pokemon x&y and the update. The pokemon games kinda lost, their shine to me after black and white 2. But I wonder if dark moon, will need the update to run.

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamefreak makes the (main series) games though.

true enough, the trouble with this update is. if you want to use the shop, you have to update there is no way around it. I know cause mine is updating right now, oh well no use complaining about it.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone is considering to capture the whole package send and get while 3ds is connect to eshop. If successfully decoded and resigned we may even use a proxy to cheat the system version. So eShop may be cheatable (however those 3ds games can not Orz).
Well i found 3ds's updates not useful for me.. So i have no trouble in refusing them.
We won't be able to decode and resign encrypted information, the signing happens at Nintendo's servers and can't be sniffed. The process is also unique for every 3DS console so no way we will be able to cheat the eShop.

You're bound to update sooner or later due to new games needing the latest firmware to run as well.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
We won't be able to decode and resign encrypted information, the signing happens at Nintendo's servers and can't be sniffed. The process is also unique for every 3DS console so no way we will be able to cheat the eShop.
You're bound to update sooner or later due to new games needing the latest firmware to run as well.
Well what if the cert could be captured? (If this is impossible then i should say i had captured the wrong one) I can see it is 'Openssl'.
I'm thinking about a middle-man attack. How many requirements should we have to perfume that.

Oh that is what the proxy logged. It's a pity it fails when trying to handshark (it doesn't support UDP/SSL)
Yes please could you help me checking some files in log ends with ".response" ok?
There is '.request' that 3ds sends via TCP.

Attachments

• Logs[201303261312].zip
    463.6 KB · Views: 133

nexuspunk

the mysterious one.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah i could understand that, for most gaming systems. I just never knew it happened with nintendo, normally they are lax when it comes to certain things.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well what if the cert could be captured? (If this is impossible then i should say i had captured the wrong one) I can see it is 'Openssl'.
I'm thinking about a middle-man attack. How many requirements should we have to perfume that.

Oh that is what the proxy logged. It's a pity it fails when trying to handshark (it doesn't support UDP/SSL)
The SSL protocol is probably just one of the security layers when communicating with the eShop. The system info sent to Nintendo should contain key information they need in order to uniquely sign software for your 3DS. They don't want us to have access to that information, so I don't think it's something we can middle man.

skanjos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have been a member since 2007,even before, i have been lurking only reading cause i didnt have anything to add, too many noob questions already ...

how did they not expect that to happen? it was obvious,even if no rat told the game to nintendo by giving them 3 months they let them fix this, many people here say that it would be too difficult to know which game it is,yeah i bet they would find the way and they did.

what does that mean now? europe will get fire emblem demo in 2 days, game in early april ,many gamers who have the 3ds here in europe want to play this game like crazy,count me with them too. but i want my console at its full potential ,bought a 3ds day 1 with the premise of it being hacked to have a 3d video player and many more like 3d emulators etc . will this be released now? will they still "document" the 3ds? will people still put their hopes and money in the fundraiser? i know they dont owe us anything but they put our hopes up,you dont go say i hacked the 3ds and then leave.

i am angry .... and sad, why? cause i waited 3 months reading every day the updates in 3dbrew,waiting for sth to happen,expected this would be patched by nintendo but i though they would be finished with "documenting" the console by then.. i really hope this goes public now and we get some sort of way to play games without updating(i hated the ps3 scene for that reason too),while some of you dont have a problem not playing new games,some want to play them.

its the ps3 all over again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT