What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think they said that they will not release the hack...

Why would they spend so much time gathering the information on 3dbrew.org then? :)

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they said that they will not release the hack...

Why would they spend so much time gathering the information on 3dbrew.org then? :)

They want to make homebrew games, however, the hack they found gave them access to EVERYTHING. They've been screwing around with the region lock and other things involved in loading games. They're going to map it all out for the purposes of making homebrew, but they don't want to open Pandora's Box.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If they dont want to release the hack/exploit i will try to buy it
Go ahead.

LyXGp.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope they get rid of region lock ,i want an ice white 3ds

and they will have to allow backups because if not then nintendo will probably just be able to sign games for higher fw with new keys,and we will be stuck where the ps3 scene was for awhile before TB and lv0 keys were released,choice between homebrew and ability to paly games with newer fw requirements ,if we are not anyways, assuming newer fw can or cant be decrypted ,and that the headers can be edited like ps3 eboot files to run on lower fw
assuming they use a similar security scheme

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope someone makes a free hacking service on temp (send your handheld to a trusted member and get it hacked) for people who doesn't want to buy an adaptor or the exploitable game

Raqib

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i hope someone makes a free hacking service on temp (send your handheld to a trusted member and get it hacked) for people who doesn't want to buy an adaptor or the exploitable game

There really wouldn't be a point to that... the cost/time of shipping to/back isn't worth it. Buying a few things to make it work is worth it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There really wouldn't be a point to that... the cost/time of shipping to/back isn't worth it. Buying a few things to make it work is worth it.
Depends on the hardware needed. Not all hacking tools are as easy to get as flash carts. People here run PS2 and 360 softmodding services for example, because original PS2 gamesharks are harder to find, and flashing/wiring hardware for 360s, etc. The same probably would have been done for the PS3 early-on, if the hardware wasn't needed at every boot.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the hack is or isn't going to be released ? Sorry if I'm asking a Baka question but any way to see their update they have online?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patience, young grasshopper, it will come.

Keep an eye on this page for an activity log of the hacker's progress:
http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

As you can see, they have been busy the last few days. :)
Ok thanks I haven't been on here for a while and I was starting to get a bit confused between page 34-36, so I need clear up my confusion by asking that . Thanks again for helping me understand

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean they can solve the region lock with that hack ?

the hack runs unsigned code, rendering the regionlock useless. odds are that they will be able to make a game launcher that patches the region on the fly (or if we have a cfw, they could probably disable it outright), but the absolute worst case scenario is that you have to patch the region on your game manually (breaking the digital signature, but that won't matter) and then run that.

Reactions: Sparringpartner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.