XP
Country
United Kingdom
Current set up

Old 3ds XL
11.8.0-41E
SKY3DS+
Cubic ninja on flash cart
Files from starter zip on card placed in 3ds card slot (boot.3dsx on root of card)

Questions

1. Is ninjhax 11.8.0-41E compatible
2. Can the exploit be run using a rom on a sky3ds+ card?

I went to ninjhax website put in my version it gave me 16QR codes to scan so I presume it is compatible???? Otherwise it would not create them... or am I wrong??

Ran the game from flash cart internet active on 3ds

Scanned all 16 images went out went back In. Text on top screen then bottom stays red...

So it looks like ninjhax is triggering but not loading boot.3dsx.

Rebooted 3ds loaded cubic ninja. Went to QR code. Ninjhax tried to run again but same red screen

Any ideas.....
4a48460acc976f6e18540abd67c1d383.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Current set up

Old 3ds XL
11.8.0-41E
SKY3DS+
Cubic ninja on flash cart
Files from starter zip on card placed in 3ds card slot (boot.3dsx on root of card)

Questions

1. Is ninjhax 11.8.0-41E compatible
2. Can the exploit be run using a rom on a sky3ds+ card?

I went to ninjhax website put in my version it gave me 16QR codes to scan so I presume it is compatible???? Otherwise it would not create them... or am I wrong??

Ran the game from flash cart internet active on 3ds

Scanned all 16 images went out went back In. Text on top screen then bottom stays red...

So it looks like ninjhax is triggering but not loading boot.3dsx.

Rebooted 3ds loaded cubic ninja. Went to QR code. Ninjhax tried to run again but same red screen

Any ideas.....
4a48460acc976f6e18540abd67c1d383.jpg

You can do what TurdPooCharger suggested above, it's more future proof and also lets you install games and homebrew straight to the home menu, then you can ditch Sky3DS. CFW is more convenient and also runs games that won't work on Sky3DS such as eShop games.
Anyway, you can try resetting the save data by holding L+R+X+Y on the main menu then scanning the QR codes again.

Reactions: Puppydogpals

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*hax exploits can't be run from Luma, so I doubt they can be run from a sky3ds+ card either.
Sky doesn't need a cfw, and all other cfws support *hax if you absolutely need it. Luma's the only one that breaks it because afaik it's the only one with a custom sysmodule (Rosalina). Steelhax is still better than getting a Sky just for ninjhax though since it's so much cheaper.

Puppydogpals

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to confirm ninjhax does (will boot homebrew menu) on 11.8.0-41E using cubic ninja running on a sky3ds+ card.

Turned out my issue was the stock 4gb card that came with my 3ds XL

I did a md5 hash on the boot.3dsx and it mismatched was ok when placed but after attempting to run it changed. (Does the file get changed by the 3ds when run)

Changed card to a SanDisk 32gb micro in adapter and it worked!!

Most of the homebrew on the starter pack seems to be broken due to firmware of 3ds but Hans worked to boot an out of region game. At end of day that's all I wanted it for anyways.

Puppydogpals

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the end I decided to give a go at installing frogminer as suggested by TurboPooCharger.

All went well apart from changing the save file for steelminer could not find it where it said it would be for some reason. So used the backup and restore option on the 3ds (guess it saved to internal rather than the memory card)

Then used the patch option and LumaLocaleSwitcher to run out of region cias.

This way is much easier than using ninjhax and Hans to play out of region games for my 4 and 6 year old!!!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently i cant install Frogminer on my other 3ds Xl because the DS Mode is bricked. Does anyone know a way to fix that?

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess iI'l have to wait for a new exploit then, luckily my other 3ds XL has CFW. I just bought a second one for dirt cheap and wanted to mod it without buying an R4 card that's why i checked with Frogminer but i do have a Sky3ds+ to use with it. Thanks for the reply tho.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess iI'l have to wait for a new exploit then, luckily my other 3ds XL has CFW. I just bought a second one for dirt cheap and wanted to mod it without buying an R4 card that's why i checked with Frogminer but i do have a Sky3ds+ to use with it. Thanks for the reply tho.
you can hack the 3ds without a flashcart with frogminer. You dont need the sky3ds card for it.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can hack the 3ds without a flashcart with frogminer. You dont need the sky3ds card for it.

Like i said before in my early post.. I can't use Frogminer because the DS Mode is bricked. So until a fix comes out, i just put .3ds games on the Sky3ds+ to play on a my 2nd nonCFW 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol