Homebrew ninjhax is LIVE

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did smealum intentionally make the exploit not have kernel access or is that just an unfortunate side effect of the exploit? Essentially im asking if someone whos got da brains could figure out how to use this vulnerability to gain kernel access.
Hopefully that makes sense..lol

Reactions: Margen67

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warning ! If you read carefully, it is said we need to make sure the 3DS's wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet to install the exploit, so if I were you, I would hurry to install it.

My guess is Nintendo is going to update the firmware soon and maybe will patch the exploit.

Well that sucks, guess there ain't much hope for those who plan on getting a 3DS in the near future. Well those future owners are f***ed, esp that the exploit must be done with WiFi and impending doom from system updates. Yeah, pretty sure they'll never be a way around that.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I will make them give it to me for $5. That is complete bull. I will fight them tooth and nail about this.

edit: Just checked GS's website. Every second I think of this I get more angry. I've called them multiple times a day since the 17th about this game. If they try to dick me over this hard I will make their lives miserable until they override the system and give it to me at the price I ordered it at.

You'll end up paying $40 for it. You're reserving it, but they don't ring it up as a purchase until you're there to pay for it.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks, guess there ain't much hope for those who plan on getting a 3DS in the near future. Well those future owners are f***ed, esp that the exploit must be done with WiFi and impending doom from system updates. Yeah, pretty sure they'll never be a way around that.

If you wait to turn on wifi once you're in Cubic Ninja's main menu, there's no chance of wifi downloading a system update. As far as I know, it won't download an update in the background while running a game. Obviously people that wait too long and buy a 3DS with a firmware on it that fixes this will be out of luck at that point, I guess.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wait to turn on wifi once you're in Cubic Ninja's main menu, there's no chance of wifi downloading a system update. As far as I know, it won't download an update in the background while running a game. Obviously people that wait too long and buy a 3DS with a firmware on it that fixes this will be out of luck at that point, I guess.

Well, see, it won't be for a while, financial BS and all that I must deal with, too bad there'll never be a game-free exploit.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
working 4.4 CFW with cubic ninja cia.
10818817_10202763711445143_932429702_n.jpg

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool, confirmed working on 2 different 4.5 systems for me, via .cia us version loaded through bbb, us qr code. Tried 3ds craft : )

Edit--I also forgot to say thanks[!!!] to all the devs who worked on this and on making homebrew : )

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone tried with a GW + ROM of the game ?
Should work with emuNAND I think but didn't have time to test yet...
Yes it works with Gateway 2.5 in emuNAND. I haven't tested it in 4.5 using the old write game to sd method but I'd bet that works too. Not that I would recommend that. Having Cubic Ninja with multirom and not having to switch cartidges to run homebrew is very convenient.

skill1414

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew launcher installs fine but if i try to launch any of the homebrew apps I get "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart"
This is on Australian New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Anyone else with a "New" console have this issue?

Reactions: wil. and gaaraa

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running Ninjhax exploit on 3 3DS's.

One on sysnand 4.4.0-10U, one on emunand 9.2.0-20U and one on sysnand 9.2.0-20U.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just curious - does this leave any discernible traces behind? Like, would it void my warranty? Or will it just show that I was playing Cubic Ninja and nothing else? I can totally understand why you need the game in order to load the exploit, since it's only userland and installing files to the NAND would need kernel access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAMt9iehrE