Hacking Nin10doh DS Lite Shoulder Button Problems.

Necoconeco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly is the cause to the notorious shoulder button malfunctions?

If I blow into my DS from the outside, the buttons will work, momentarily. Almost to the point I'm blowing into it every time I want to press L or R.

However I'm dismissing that dust is the culprit. My DS is perhaps 4 months old at the very most, and the problem started to develop a month and a half after the day I bought it. So there's no possibility the dust had creeped its way into it that quickly.

I'm also dismissing the idea that the buttons are getting stuck, because I clearly hear the damn things clicking.

Then I took my DS apart using a Trigram and Philips screwdriver. When I press the buttons with my fingers, they work every time. And with an exposed DS, I can blast the buttons with air or move around the rubber button pad to confirm that the 1st to reasons can't possibly be the cause.

So does anyone know a 3rd thing? Because I read all over the internet that the problem is dust, and I think that they all don't know what the hell they're talking about because blowing into the casing is a temporary solution so they just assume its dust.

Whats the REAL reason and how can it be fixed? And how come Blowing can make the buttons momentarily work despite it not being a dust problem?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Necoconeco said:
Whats the REAL reason and how can it be fixed? And how come Blowing can make the buttons momentarily work despite it not being a dust problem?
Moist air can sometimes help for a better connection. Blowing your DS (don't say it) functions as dust removal as well as helping for a better connection. Also, innovative title, bro.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You should try compressed air first, that will remove a lot more than just blowing, if that fails, you can take it apart and manually clean the rubber contacts.

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your ds is only 4 months old and having a problem I would say contact nintendo and have them replace it for you it is still covered under warranty. Great name btw azumanga was amazing lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok