Gaming Nice music player?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this was posted before, but I can't find the topic.
I have gotten a lot of music, and I would like to know the best music player. I want one that can hide or minimize itself like one the bottom right corner and not be such a bother, but the controls should be accesible without opening the music program and getting another window. I've seen a lot of people on the show you desktop forum, so you guys must know some really got ones. So which one should I get?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MarioBrotha said:
can hide or minimize itself like one the bottom right corner and not be such a bother, but the controls should be accesible without opening the music program and getting another window

QUOTE(seedvt @ Apr 25 2010, 03:22 PM) Winamp
Or iTunes, but someone will say it sucks/a resource hog.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO!!!

Choose

BSPLAYER!!!

Seriously that player can play almost any video or music file and is light. There's also a PRO version but you know how it's obtainable.......
mad.gif

By the way has any one ever told you that your avatar caused seizures?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
So Winamp is the best choice?
Do i need to install a plugin or anything to get so it can hide itself like I want it to?
Winamp has a built in Tray icon thingy. I'm pretty sure it also has player controls in that menu, but it also supports keyboard shortcuts.

The ONLY plug ins I use modify the output and the other one is to support Windows 7 features like the jumplist and preview controls, since I don't want to use the tray. If you have Windows 7, I'd recommend that plug in.

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I guess Winamp it is
biggrin.gif

And I dont need a fully featured Music/Video player, I just wanted a light music player that has a tray thingy.

TheWingless: What is the name of that plugin?

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how do I get the controls to work without actually opening the whole winamp?
I want a few simple buttons, like play volume, and next and previous tracks to be always accessible, but not having the whole winamp open

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
MarioBrotha said:
Ok, how do I get the controls to work without actually opening the whole winamp?
I want a few simple buttons, like play volume, and next and previous tracks to be always accessible, but not having the whole winamp open
Assuming you're using the "Bento" skin that's prepackaged since that supports the most features, you can press the little T looking icon/button in the top right to make it a thin bar. And then you can resize it and at its smallest size, it'll only have player controls, though keep in mind when you restore it, it'll be the same width. I haven't used any other skins in a while, but they might have minimal sizes as well.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh, no.

Options -> Preferences -> Global Hotkeys

For me, Alt+F9 is play/pause, Alt+F10 is stop, Alt+f11 is prvious and Alt+f12 is next.

alt+pg up and pg dn are volume up and down

but you can set whatever you like

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In the beginning I used iTunes because I had an iPod, but now that that one is dead I find myself still using iTunes since I haven't found a good replacement for it that has a simple enough UI without a bunch of features I'll never use.

I am aware that people tend to call iTunes a resource hog, but if you have a decent enough computer that shouldn't be of any concern at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM