Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NHL 2K11 will be returning after all, but it won't be on high definition consoles. Take-Two is ceding that territory to EA this year, instead choosing to focus on the Nintendo Wii (via Joystiq).

Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick was on hand to announce that the franchise's next iteration is a Wii exclusive during the recent earnings report. They aren't abandoning the PS3 and Xbox 360 though, they're just taking time to refine their approach.

"As far as NHL, we're taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360 to refine, redesign and re-think," Zelnick said.

Take-Two is going the opposite direction from Electronic Arts, which has lately chosen to deemphasize Nintendo's console. The Wii was absent from the NHL 10 lineup this past year.

The usual round of new NHL titles should be available this fall.

Source

The Wii version was received rather positively with the WM+ and other Wii-exclusive controls. The Wii version also almost sold more than all other versions (PS2, PS3, and 360) combined, so that's probably a big reason why they're abandoning the other consoles. FYI, the Wii version sold 250,000, and the other ones combined sold 260,000.

Xcursion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's a relief. I was worried that they were making it since they left it off their upcoming games report. Now i actually have to get around to playing 2K10. I do hate that EA gave up on the Wii versions. I used to love playing the EA NHL series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf