Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
FireGrey said:
why is everyone obsessed for it to fit in your pocket, i never put my DS in my pocket and never seen anyone else do it
tongue.gif
I do, and the fact is I can fit a 360 game case or a 300 page book comfortably in my jean pocket. Portability means nothing when you have tiny pockets.
Those are some huge pockets you have there.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
nutella said:
Too many people aboard the Sony hate train. I personally don't care how shit the battery life will be. It can't be much worse than the 3DS. Sony just needs to expand 3rd party support and they'll be fine. There was nothing particularly wrong the the PSP, except 3rd praty support. This is really sporting some really cool features already.
There's no question that the 3DS's battery life is embarrassingly awful - however that doesn't excuse other hardware manufacturers making the same design flaw.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Argentum Vir said:
FireGrey said:
why is everyone obsessed for it to fit in your pocket, i never put my DS in my pocket and never seen anyone else do it
tongue.gif
I do, and the fact is I can fit a 360 game case or a 300 page book comfortably in my jean pocket. Portability means nothing when you have tiny pockets.
Those are some huge pockets you have there.
They are very helpful in smuggling hamsters out of the pet store
wink.gif
... Lol JK.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeadLocked said:
Back touch pad = optional L2/R2?
Also, I hope there's no piracy on this thing until it's as old as the PSP is now, we want this thing to have good games not just a few gems.

Didn't stop the DS from having a lot of great games with the insane amount of piracy on that.

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... Just wow... I'm sorry my beloved DS but 2 analog sticks is FTW. Why couldn't the 3DS just learn from Sony's initial mistake and put 2 analogs. :-(

The second analog may seem trivial but it makes all the difference in first person games. ::sigh::

I'm sure i'll end up owning both but the NGP just looks plain awesome.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol to be honest the design looks dull, not Sonys best. Nonetheless, I'm sure in 1 years time I'll have 3DS and the PSP2....with these 2 hand-helds, who needs a home console?
tongue.gif
What the 3DS doesn't have, the PSP2 offers and vice versa. Combine them both, you get a ultimate hand-held
wink.gif

My rough prediction for PSP2s battery life is 4-7 hours, while the price at $450-$500.

All these aside, I'm waiting to see who leads the market by 2012.

Jamio88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it all sounds good in theory. However, after seeing the concept art with the sliding screen, I really just can not get into this version. It is for sure not something I plan to own for quite a while.

(Holds up flame shield)

I would not give more then $149.99 for that thing, and even that is really pushing it (For me anyway)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/27/...n=NGPTech_12711

QUOTE said:
Key NGP features:
  • * Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
    * Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
    * Dual analog sticks
    * Two cameras (front and rear)
    * Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
    * Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
    * Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
    * PlayStation Network access, including ““LiveArea™”, “Near” and “Activity” log features Trophy Support
    * NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.
Now, the technical specs:
CPU ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
GPU SGX543MP4+
External Dimensions Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
Screen
(Touch screen) 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED, Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
Rear touch pad Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
Cameras Front camera, Rear camera
Sound Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
Sensors Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
Location Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
Keys / Switches PS button
Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right stick, Left stick
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)
Wireless communications Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
DeadLocked said:
Back touch pad = optional L2/R2?
Also, I hope there's no piracy on this thing until it's as old as the PSP is now, we want this thing to have good games not just a few gems.

Didn't stop the DS from having a lot of great games with the insane amount of piracy on that.
I know, I was thinking that.
But piracy definately did stop psp having as many good games as there should be.
That's why I'm hoping the PSP2 won't be.
And 3DS and games hacked or not will still sell like hot cakes, to be fair. So I'm hoping the 3DS is hacked fairly swiftly.

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
dry.gif
heh I'm not impressed sony is just trying to compete with nintendo's 3DS since why would they name psp2 im just sure there gonna make another one
named psp3d since if the just skip psp2 nintendo will try to sue them cuz who ever heard of psp then psp3d but thats my thought any ways .

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ShadowSoldier said:
FireGrey said:
tongue.gif

I do it. If I go walking around or go to a friends place or whatever, I put it in my pocket. Now, with this, we'll pretty much have to carry it in our hands. So of defeats the purpose of it being PORTABLE. Now, it's just a handheld device.
Sorry, I didn't know portable meant it should fit in your pocket.
Put it in a bag, use your hands or just don't get it if you are that worried it's not going to fit in your jeans.

Most people have jeans which you can't even fit a phone in.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slasher Zero said:
dry.gif
heh I'm not impressed sony is just trying to compete with nintendo's 3DS since why would they name psp2 im just sure there gonna make another one
named psp3d since if the just skip psp2 nintendo will try to sue them cuz who ever heard of psp then psp3d but thats my thought any ways .
Nintendo didn't go
DS
DS2
3DS

Unless you pull the "Dual Screens" card...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overall it was meh for me. I wasnt hyped going into it, and im not really hyped coming out.

Still much more hyped for the 3DS. Depending on the price though, i'd probally get the NGP (As long as it isnt insanely priced

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
DigitalDeviant said:
donelwero said:
I'm happy without a PS3. I'm sure I'll be fine without a NGP/PSP2.

I already preordered my 3DS, my first son will be born by the time I get my 3DS, that's ALL I'll need. Not a 3g Game console that can play PORTED games.

sounds like someone is hiding there jealosy...just kidding. I think competition is great. What I like about sony is that they push tech to the limit.
Recently a big swing point for me is if homebrew can be run on a system or not. I don't give a shit about pirating. I have money, and I can buy my games after a little saving up. However, homebrew really makes a system shine where its creators don't want it to (emulators, media players, etc).
Emulators are pirating... so you DO care. Unless you meant pirating of PSP2 games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1