Hacking NFIRM error

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cake worked for me too. Something must be wrong with luma for downgrading from 11+. In all fairness I couldn't get 5.5 of luma to work but 5.2 did.
Nothing is wrong with downgrading from 11.0 emunand with LUMA. Unless you werent on current LUMA. Which you werent. Anyways I dont care if you used LUMA, CAKES, or magic fairy dust, I just want to make sure people dont get misguided.

Timbiotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For future posterity it wasn't luma completely. It was because of leftover Gateway firmware downgrades. Luma's FAQ has a section about black screen and some CIAs that need to be installed to fix. Even with the Cake successful downgrade I was only able to get Luma 5.3 and below to work. After much research I found the issue and now I can use 5.5 of Luma and probably could have downgraded with Luma instead of Cake.

Treehugga

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For future posterity it wasn't luma completely. It was because of leftover Gateway firmware downgrades. Luma's FAQ has a section about black screen and some CIAs that need to be installed to fix. Even with the Cake successful downgrade I was only able to get Luma 5.3 and below to work. After much research I found the issue and now I can use 5.5 of Luma and probably could have downgraded with Luma instead of Cake.

Struggled with the NFIRM error for several days(maybe 25-30 tries), then went looking for this fix for a few hours, then downgraded with Cake. Then during the downgrade with cake I find the what you were talking about (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting) and said...hey why not waste another 15 minutes of your life to restore the RedNAND and test out this hypothesis. Tt worked.

TL;DR: Use the fix in the above troubleshooting guide if you've ever used a Gateway cart. Fixes the NFIRM issue

jonesy827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm having the same problem trying to downgrade my RedNand. I also followed the Plailect guide on github for a brand new 2DS. My RedNand is on 11.0.

I would PM you EmperorOfCanada, but I don't think I have the permissions yet.

Should I try Cake instead of Luma??

Thanks to anyone who helps out!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat