Homebrew NFC Read/Write for 3DS

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the 3DS can read amiibos, but is there an app that will let you write to those NFC tags without buying expensive hardware? Does the 3DS have the ability to write NFCs (with a hack or homebrew of course)?

Thanks!

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the 3DS can read amiibos, but is there an app that will let you write to those NFC tags without buying expensive hardware? Does the 3DS have the ability to write NFCs (with a hack or homebrew of course)?

Thanks!

i think amiibo character data is locked on retail amiibos.

even with homebrew

Last edited by Aletron9000,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that i figured, but you can get these amiibo tags on ebay that are dirt cheap..... can the 3DS write data to those?

i think there is a type of nfc tag that can be written to using anything that can write to nfc. you could write an amiibo tag and it should work on retail consoles

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably doable if anybody would write the home brew for it.
Yes, that is what im hoping for, there are many people who have iPhones and such. It would be really neat to write those NFC tags directly with our 3DS since we have them already, hell, even write them with the WiiU Gamepad lol

Reactions: Sliter

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well NEW 3DS has nfc built in correct? So is the point of the post asking if that can somehow substitute as amiibo for maybe wii u or switch? :unsure:

I have a nexus S android phone with nfc (According to the settings and a option called android beam) Is that possible to use as amiibo replacement? All fairness, i should just buy a amiibo, just if they had ones i may want at decent price.:ph34r:

Reactions: XpertXP1

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what im asking:
Can we use the 3DS as an NFC programmer to program those NFC tags that you can buy blank from ebay or other sites?

D

Deleted User

You can easily write on the tags with a Phone that has NFC support.
he asks if you can write to the tags without a smartphone, not everybody has nfc in the phone... I dont. and not gonna buy a new (or old) phone just for that... using the 3ds itself can be nice

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well NEW 3DS has nfc built in correct? So is the point of the post asking if that can somehow substitute as amiibo for maybe wii u or switch? :unsure:

I have a nexus S android phone with nfc (According to the settings and a option called android beam) Is that possible to use as amiibo replacement? All fairness, i should just buy a amiibo, just if they had ones i may want at decent price.:ph34r:
google for "tagMo"

D

Deleted-410799

Using blank NTAG215 NFC cards/stickers you can write amiibo data once onto it if your smartphone can support NFC. If it doesn't there are third-party reader/writers.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using blank NTAG215 NFC cards/stickers you can write amiibo data once onto it if your smartphone can support NFC. If it doesn't there are third-party reader/writers.
The while point of this thread is to do that, but substitute a home brewed n3ds for the smartphone.

Reactions: XpertXP1

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, that is what im hoping for, there are many people who have iPhones and such. It would be really neat to write those NFC tags directly with our 3DS since we have them already, hell, even write them with the WiiU Gamepad lol
I'm wanting this for ages, too :T
idk why people hardly can understand the request? it's not like everyone can buy a new phone just for the NFC stuff XD
I even wanted to sue the skylanders base+pc but also no one interested :/

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: The Nintendo SDK for 3DS contains a dev app that can write NFC NTAG215 tags with Amiibo data. Unfortunately it takes encrypted Amiibo files also provided by the SDK and thus you can only create "developer" Amiibos that work on developer consoles (or a Luma3DS hacked 3DS in dev mode) so they won't work on Wii U or Switch.

Since this software already exists and is proved working, it should be able to be implemented into homebrew if someone bothers to. Perhaps the creator of the Amiibo reading/writing lib would be able to provide some insight, amiitool.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by medoli900,
Reactions: Sliter
D

Deleted User

I actually made this request a little way back.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-amiibo-nfc-backup-homebrew.429980
Zoogie posted a homebrew that can backup Amiibo. I didn't really try aside from backing up a yoshi Amiibo which contained Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam data.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-amiibo-nfc-backup-homebrew.429980/#post-6425088

@Haruka said that he could make a homebrew, but I didn't hear much from him since then :x
So its only for backing up? No homebrew for making nfc into amiibo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all