Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
shigeru-miyamoto-wii-mus-ic-cg-8968547847.jpg

"There's an entertaining interview with Shigeru Miyamoto over at the Official Nintendo Magazine site, in which Shiggy mostly comes across as a bumbling, endearing eccentric: apparently, he "strummed on an invisible guitar" for the entire interview, and voiced his suspicions that his cat is hiding games from the Miyamoto family. Ha.

Anyway, the article is mainly designed to promote Wii Music, but there is the odd very vague comment about the next Zelda. The opportunists at ONM couldn't resist mentioning the 'Z' word, but Miyamoto wasn't budging too much. "I'm really not sure when we'll be able to make a public announcement on that," he said, adding, "I can't even say if the next E3 will be the right opportunity to do so. But rest assured, our teams are working on new projects right now."

So the next Zelda ... might not be at E3 next year! If that's the case, we could reasonably expect to see something at Nintendo's fall conference(s). We'd at least like to have a peek next year -- having downloaded Ocarina of Time from the Virtual Console over the weekend (spoiler: it's still unfathomably brilliant), this blogger is aching for a new entry in the series."

Source

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Last Zelda game took 4 years to be made.. if the next one follows the same steps.. it shouldn't be out before 2010
tongue.gif

No big surprises here.. but Nintendo is aware of the crap they did last E3, Iwata, Cammie and Reggie even apologized for it.. so, they'll try to bring something big for the hardcore this year.. either the new rumored Mario, Zelda or Pikmin should be there :/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't expect another until late 2010 at the earliest anyway.

The next game I want something different, sort of like what Majoras Mask was to Ocarina.

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lesdrian said:
I didn't expect another until late 2010 at the earliest anyway.

The next game I want something different, sort of like what Majoras Mask was to Ocarina.

I'm actually expecting quite the opposite. I think the new Zelda will actually be good.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I say the longer it takes the better. If they are planning to take this long you know it's for the better. It's like when Rockstar held back GTA IV. But if it's better than Twilight Princess we will have a legend of a game here (no pun intended)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, I'll be at Uni by the time this next Zelda comes out. Who knows whether I'll have the time/money/care to play this when I get there. Meh.

Still, as long as they're making it innovative it shouldn't really matter how long they take.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say take as long as you need, as long as its amazing
tongue.gif

Sadly it will be one of the few outstanding Wii games in the coming years.
By 2010, Shouldnt the Wii 2 or whatever its going to be called, come out?

Dont most consoles have a 4-6 year span?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, as long as its not a "Play on Wii" rehash of Zelda: Wind Waker, then its good.
I can wait.
I wonder if those futuristic zelda game rumors would be anything near true. Would be interesting.
Though I'd hate to see Epona replaced by a motorcycle, course they could always have horses evolve and make her a lead supporting charector with Zelda xD
Also Midna Cameo would be nice.
Eh, as long as its not Wind Waker rehash.
We can already play that on the Wii as it is.
Doesn't need cheap waggle.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
What's so good about Zelda in the first place? I don't mean to sound like I'm trolling but I guess its like some kind of fanboy thing you people do.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hope would be for a new top-down zelda. That would be perfect. I just can't get into the 3d remakes/sequels. I've tried and they don't click for me.

Bring a new 2d Zelda, and i'll be elated.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is just Nintendo, it was that way with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl,...
But it also shows they will put time in it to make it another masterpiece!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay