Hacking Next Kernel Exploit "Leaked" by Its Finder

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's rather amusing. They've been drip-feeding VHBL releases for ages now, and we're all quite rightly grateful for them. But it's become clear that a whole load of kernel mode exploits existed all along that were never planned to be released to the public. That is their choice of course, but it does make it that little bit harder to sympathise. After all, people are getting all worked up because a handful of kernel mode exploits have been released all at once thus going to 'waste', but it sounds like there were no plans to release these kernel mode exploits in the near future anyway - I gather the 3.30 exploit due next month was going to be a VHBL release, not kernel mode.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup 3.30 was supposed to be only VHBL release with maybe a kernel exploit down the road.....

Seems they were waiting for a worthwhile update/firmware to the Vita to tease another TN-V game but alas it was not meant to be

So much noise over a Dead in the Water Handheld :mellow:

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i think exploited ps1 games was the biggest news of this leak. i wonder if more psone games can/will be exploited or if a full tn-v instead of a ps1 loader can be ported or not. if full tn-v can be ported to a ps1 exploit, it will have the media engine which psp game exploits lack, which means more power for some emulators.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think exploited ps1 games was the biggest news of this leak. i wonder if more psone games can/will be exploited or if a full tn-v instead of a ps1 loader can be ported or not. if full tn-v can be ported to a ps1 exploit, it will have the media engine which psp game exploits lack, which means more power for some emulators.

PS1 were not exploited.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Which doesn't make sense, when you think about it. qwikrazor87 leaked one exploit game and threatened to leak more, but not until after 3.30. He may have been bluffing, maybe not, but he was going to leak them later down the road. Acid_Snake leaks the whole lot all at once, which is many times worse than what qwikrazor87 was planning to do. Scene drama eh?

The upshot is that the rest of us have a kernel mode exploit that we otherwise would not have gotten, as well as the PS1 exploit. I will keep my Vita on 3.18 now anyway - Sony have already confirmed that they don't plan to release any more major games, just smaller games. With that in mind, kernel mode PSP is more interesting.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acid Snake seems butthurt that a kernel exploit got leaked, which is most likely why he decided to leak all of those files

There's something going on behind scenes with members of the Hack team which Acid_Snake and qwkei or whatever his name is are a Part of ......

Hehehe shit is too Funny :ha:

Rare_Tiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nizarnemer.co.nr
XP
Country
And whoever had Arcade Darts on the previous exploit, they can have a new exploit for 3.18 on that same game. ;)
Btw, here's what happened. Acid_Snake & qwikrazor87 are the founders of a team named OILIX. It's main place was consoleheaven.de, Acid_Snake's website. They split up because of an argument, & they set challenges for each other about leaking. So, they both leaked what they leaked. Qwikrazor87 is no longer a moderator on /Talk & Acid_Snake is no longer a Big Beholder. I know both guys, both are nice, funny, & entertaining. They've made many things to the scene, & now they're tired of Sony. The files for all the games Acid_Snake leaked were released today on Wololo.
I think next hack will be amazing, especially that themes are coming to next firmware. Did anyone see that PKG installer found by SKFU? It can install PSN apps from any region. Let the real battle start. B-):gun:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's just a shame they couldn't have had their little challenges in a few weeks time after 3.30 and the Playstation TV are released.

Still, I'm grateful for the leaked exploits. I'm going to stick with 3.18 now anyway - Sony are showing zero interest in supporting the console with new games, so not too many reasons to update.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what AcidSnake says he wants to happen, starting with an open SDK. Time will tell whether or not he actually will though. Quoting Yifan Lu, prominent devs in the PSP scene had written off the Vita as being too difficult. :P

MrOBrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I get a bigger memory card am I able to transfer my games from my current one and activate them even after they pull them off the shop?

MrOBrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I reformatted the card and put the games back on on it, it asked me to re - activate my psn would it not make me update if 3.80 comes out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina