Newsgroups?

Xplosivv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Almost everywhere on these boards, I see people talking about newsgroups...

How do I use these groups for downloading?

If it's not allowed to ask this, then I'm sorry.

-Xplosivv

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
{killed url, just in case - not had time to fully look over that site}
google "slyck guide newsgroup"

More info than you can shake a stick at regarding file sharing can be found at slyck (preferably legal ones, else they will institutionalize everything
frown.gif
)

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I always use newsgroups because they are way faster than torrents!!!!

but only if you pay that stupid freakin free newsgroups s*cks
tongue.gif

i use eweka 7,50 a month and it's super fast

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a trial for a newsgroup and wow... the download rate is waaaaaayyy faster than torrents.

THe only downside to newsgroups is having to pay, with a credit card that is.

Me + No Credit Card = No Newsgroups

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a trial for a newsgroup and wow... the download rate is waaaaaayyy faster than torrents.

THe only downside to newsgroups is having to pay, with a credit card that is.

Me + No Credit Card = No Newsgroups

How did you use a newsgroup trial when you didn't have a credit card? I thought you had to at least provide a credit card when trying a trial version or to register.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for all you noobs above this message, who don't know too much about torrents and newsgroups.

Why don't you use torrents as an advantaged and get them for free.....duh? i did years ago and i don't pay a cent for anything, including newsgroups!!

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well for all you noobs above this message, who don't know too much about torrents and newsgroups.Â

Why don't you use torrents as an advantaged and get them for free.....duh? i did years ago and i don't pay a cent for anything, including newsgroups!!
Maybe because it's very slow (most of the time), not very up-to-date with the last releases and you have to upload again (on private trackers)?
I think a lot of us people can miss a few bucks, it's not like it's very expensive.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Newsgroups with about 3 weeks retention and 600kb/s and almost always complete is included with my 'nothing special' (XS4ALL) ISP
biggrin.gif

For all DUTCH people this is a great site to get all the ins and outs about newsgroup: www.binaries4all.nl with info about all programms you need and might need + in depth tutorials! also as a dutch downloader (the program is dutch) get FTD! This is also explained on that website
lecture.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well for all you noobs above this message, who don't know too much about torrents and newsgroups.Â

As the great mthrnite once said...

The "it's free, so it's better" argument doesn't hold up well here. I mean, you can pay money for a hamburger, or you can go out behind McDonalds, root through the dumpster, and find FREE FOOD!
tongue.gif

Also, torrents suck for me because I have to seed them to get a good ratio but I'm on a shittty monthly data transfer limit which includes uploads as well so I run out quickly then I get fined
frown.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know why you're all "noobs"?

Because you didn't both to use the god damn search and find the 10 other threads made this month asking the exact same question.

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I subscribed to Undernet, and I'm using UltraLeecher. I downloaded a game, but for some reason some of the files are incomplete. I tried re-importing the NZB, but it starts downloading each file again in a different folder. Is there a way I can just re-download or resume the files I need using the NZB?

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I can't download anything using UltraLeecher's UltraSearch. Is there a free program that would allow me to download searched files?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do a search for "newsgroup reader"

I use newsbinpro, its pretty good but its not free. You will also need a subscription to a newsgroup server, like giganews, teranews, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs