Newest Games wont start after reboot due to temporary tickets

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Purple_Shyguy found out that newer games such as Quake 2, MotoGP23 and Warhammer 40k:Boltgun only install with temporary tickets. (NSP format)

This means that after a reboot these games wont boot anymore except if one manually dumps the tickets after the first install and reinstalls them each time after the switch is rebooted.

Is there any way to make these temporary tickets permament?

I suspect this is true for all newer releases. So far we have only tested the games mentioned above

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While i don't know about the other games, i can confirm i do not have this issue with Quake 2.

I can reboot or shutdown just fine and the game still boots normally. It says at the start it cannot connect to the internet (right before the main menu) but i just select cancel and it proceeds normally.

Latest AMS, sigpatches, 16.0.3 rebootless 2, installed with DBI 598 via mtp responder.

Reactions: gamba66

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
While i don't know about the other games, i can confirm i do not have this issue with Quake 2.

I can reboot or shutdown just fine and the game still boots normally. It says at the start it cannot connect to the internet (right before the main menu) but i just select cancel and it proceeds normally.

Latest AMS, sigpatches, 16.0.3 rebootless 2, installed with DBI 598 via mtp responder.
I have exactly the same but i installed it via dbi backend exe

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have exactly the same but i installed it via dbi backend exe

To be more exact i used a nsz file, got from a stash. Could it be your source? Also i have a real nintendo account linked and not fake one but i'm not sure if that matters.

I checked the other topic you're posting about the temporary ticket and here how it shows mine in DBI (it doesn't have the "temporary" thing):

dbi shot.jpeg

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
To be more exact i used a nsz file, got from a stash. Could it be your source? Also i have a real nintendo account linked and not fake one but i'm not sure if that matters.

I checked the other topic you're posting about the temporary ticket and here how it shows mine in DBI (it doesn't have the "temporary" thing):

View attachment 389375
IMG_20230816_001415_1.jpg

I imagine it may be a problem with the way the NSP source is dumped??? *Cough cough* by us of course 😏

Or something else? My system is banned. And I have a fake Account linked.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 389386

I imagine it may be a problem with the way the NSP source is dumped??? *Cough cough* by us of course 😏

Or something else? My system is banned. And I have a fake Account linked.
I can't tell if you are being serious about the source of the dump being by you or not. If it is, you fucked your dump. If its not directly from you. Maybe get it from a trustful source next time.

Reactions: Tokiwa

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@Purple_Shyguy found out that newer games such as Quake 2, MotoGP23 and Warhammer 40k:Boltgun only install with temporary tickets. (NSP format)

This means that after a reboot these games wont boot anymore except if one manually dumps the tickets after the first install and reinstalls them each time after the switch is rebooted.

Is there any way to make these temporary tickets permament?

I suspect this is true for all newer releases. So far we have only tested the games mentioned above
Please update the thread if you find a solution :)

Reactions: gamba66

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everyone who gets it seems to be banned? Potentially.

I'm banned.
Milenko is banned. Are you banned?
Anyone else who's getting it are you banned?
I have a dual-boot console and I only run the cfw offline

I just logged into the stock sysmmc to test it and I can log into the nintendo eshop store without any problem and link my account. So I dont think thats it. Or is there any other way to check if im banned?
Post automatically merged:

new atmosphere was released, maybe this fixes it ?

also sig patches for 16.1.0

Last edited by gamba66,

gamba66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a solution in this thread but it requires hex/editing the nsp files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/quake-2-temp-ticket-patch.638418/

DBI is supposed to do this usually but it doesnt work on quake 2, warhammer 40k and motogp23.

Since @duckbill007 used dbi 610, this newer version may provide the fix. But i cant find that version and suspect its still in development/private

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol