Newcomer to the scene.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by stormbob, Nov 1, 2008.

Nov 1, 2008

Newcomer to the scene. by stormbob at 10:30 PM (1,408 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. stormbob
    OP

Newcomer stormbob Member

Denmark
    I have been on the PSP scene since it launched, and recently wanted to try something new, so i bought the DS Lite.
    I have been looking all day at different topics on which flashcard is best, what pros and what cons they have etc, etc.

It seems it all comes down to who makes the fastest updates, and has the best community. Am i right?

I have been a fan of Cyclowiz from the Cyclo team, so i was looking into CycloDS, and tried to compare it to M3 and R4, which seems to be quite popular aswell. But i am quite unsure; since they all 3 seem to lack som updates lately? It seems a long time ago since any of them got one?

To the question, what would you guys suggest me to get when i just got my DS?
    Thanks,

2. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    CycloDS has a great community.
    There wont be one thing you wont be able to find or fix until you are content.
    It is the leading Cart ATM on the market. at a good price of $50USD

R4 is a very basic cart with no fancy features (which is why most people like it) like the Cyclo has to offer. Your money is better spent on a Cyclo.
    R4 team is dead... enough said on that.

Acekard2 and DSTT is where it's at if you are tight budgeted.

You are in the right forum section... Now get yourself a CycloDS and join the community [​IMG]

3. triclopzx

Newcomer triclopzx Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    The cycloDS is loaded with features.
    Has also a great community and prompt firmware updates and a very helpful community.

If budget is not an obstacle then get the cyclo is the top flashcart as priss said and the most flexible.

other options are the DSTT don't own one but heard nothing but good things from other people.

Acekard 2.1 also is good. I myself own one but not the 2.1 don't know how its still working but
    i like how it can customized plus the new menudo firmware looks sweet.

But all in all it comes down what you need basically, but if you do choose the cyclo
    I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

4. Vincent T

Member Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Basically everyone would suggest cyclo ds. It has many features and i recommend you buying it.

5. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    CycloDS is one of the best but a bit expensive.
    AceKard 2 and DSTT are cheaper and you get what you pay for.

R4 and M3 Simply are the worst cards out there.
    There is now ZERO support, there are so many fakes I can use them to build the Statue of Liberty and its overpriced.

6. Priss

Canada
    -153 points for failing to read other peoples post in replying to his/her question... [​IMG]

7. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    DS TopToy is okay, but there are quite a few problems that I have faced in using this card. I guess EDGE DS is not bad is it?

I mean, with the DSTT, I found that any cheats that I have on it that have long names are unreadable. The long cheats go out of the screen so you can't read it, and the TopToy does not show the notes underneath cheats which are essential to USING the cheats.

I heard that R4 and EDGE are the only cards that actually show the notes underneath, and since R4 is dying.. I recommend EDGE.

8. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    The CycloDS is simply the best flashcart available in the market right now, no questions asked. It has fast updates, tons of features, it's built really nicely, supports SDHC, has a great community, very active programmers, etc.

The only, ONLY downside to the Cyclo is its' price. Including shipping, it's probably gonna cost you somewhere around $55-65 to purchase one.

9. stormbob
    OP

Newcomer stormbob Member

Denmark
    Thank you guys, it was a big help. Im now getting a CycloDS.
    I found it on Divineo.de which i have only good experience with so far.

*EDIT*

CycloDS Evo - Black with 4gb MicroSD ordered. Thanks for the help guys, and say hello to a new member in the community [​IMG]

10. Priss

Canada
    4GB is SDHC... make sure you have a reader for it and what brand/class is it?
    I recommend A-DATA 4GB MicroSDCH Class 6 [​IMG]
    ^ if you don't have a Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Japan)

11. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    I don't know how many times people have said it before, but A-DATA is a hit and miss brand for the most part. People who choose Kingston or even Sandisk over A-DATA generally have little complaints. Some people have reported A-DATA cards as DOA, and some are pretty much perfect from the start; the discrepancy probably has to do with the way it's manufactured.

Anyways, shell out a few extra bucks, you won't be disappointed with those two brands I mentioned.

12. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The CDSE-bundled reader does SDHC

13. stormbob
    OP

Newcomer stormbob Member

Denmark
    Dont make me nervous [​IMG]
    I just ordered a package with it all together from a modchip site, i guess it should fit then?

-Cyclo DS Evolution.
    -USB Micro SD Card Reader.
    -4GB MicroSD Card (Sandisk/Kingston)

14. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    CycloDS displays the notes.

As the EDGE pretty much stole the CycloDS GUI, right down to the cheat menu and skin system, anything the EDGE shows the CycloDS shows also.

15. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    By M3, did you mean M3 Real (the one better than Cyclo.) or the M3 Simply (the r4 clone)
    The cyclo is good... but the M3 is better, and they have 2 firmwares to choose from, and LOADS of stuff.
    Just look, RTS came out last update... all the cyclo's other features will be done on the M3, the M3 real is also more powerful.
    therefore:
    BUT AN M3!
    Here is a good site for M3's AND cyclos. http://www.techwizad.com/index1.html?lang=...p;mid=depth_899
    There.