Hacking Newbie needs some explanations..

TheUntouchable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys!

I am new to the M3 Real and at the moment i am running the normal firmware on it. I read about the M3 Sakura and now i am totaly confused..

What is the point in using the M3 Sakura instead of the original firmware?

Thank you for your responses!

Greetings!

TheUntouchable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your replays!

I just testet the latest Sakura and once you have figured out how to control the gui its really better than the normal gui!

Whats the best way to install sakura? I installed DSM Movie Encoder and ran the Setup Sakura.

OFFTOPIC: I have some problems with the game Castlevania - Down of Sorrow (Eu). It always freezes after some time.. Can someone confirm that?

Firedrake1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Sakura interests you there are two options. You can use the official 1.34 sakura or you can use the newest version of ISakuReal. ISakuReal is a firmware that lets you choose to boot either Sakura, Touchpod (standard m3 FW) or itouch DS. For a long time Sakura seemed to have issues with homebrew so people were using the ISakuReal. I was recently told a lot of the issues with Sakura have been ironed out and have since switched to the newest english release of Sakura.

As for installing, its pretty easy. Just download the .zip file from the downloads section and unzip the "system" folder to the root directory of your flashcart.

TheUntouchable

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Firedrake.

I dont really know if i am using Sakura or ISakuraReal at the moment. I downlaoded the M3Sakura Ver1.34 X The 2nd Edition Europe/USA Version from handheldsources and it patched my original systemfolder on my mircosd card. When i press the A Button on boot i have the choise between sakura and touchpod so this works like i like it
smile.gif

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Firedrake1 said:
If Sakura interests you there are two options. You can use the official 1.34 sakura or you can use the newest version of ISakuReal. ISakuReal is a firmware that lets you choose to boot either Sakura, Touchpod (standard m3 FW) or itouch DS. For a long time Sakura seemed to have issues with homebrew so people were using the ISakuReal. I was recently told a lot of the issues with Sakura have been ironed out and have since switched to the newest english release of Sakura.

As for installing, its pretty easy. Just download the .zip file from the downloads section and unzip the "system" folder to the root directory of your flashcart.

why would you use isakureal?, the latest release has been made it all but pointless by the updated touchpod release of sakura 1.34 (which has enhanced language translations) as it uses outdated versions of all 3 of the loaders are now outdated as far as compatibility code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)