Hacking Question [newbie help] First time hacking Nintendo Switch (Mariko)

dreamtheft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I've been reading a lot of info on payloads, bootloaders, different software, what's safe to use on SX Core and what's not. I'm expecting a SX Core for my Mariko switch any day now, but after installing the chip I wouldn't know where to start. I ordered via Ali, so I don't even know if there would be an activation key for SX OS.

• As I understand: SX OS (100% compatible), Atmosphere (not yet compatible) and ReiNX (compatible???) are CFW's. Is SX OS considered to be good for normal usage? Can I run any homebrew on this?
  • Do I need to boot in RCM?
  • At what point do I need to create a NAND backup? Can I do this with Hekate? I've also read about EmuNAND?
  • Do I need anything else to protect my switch as much as possible?
If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful :)

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

I've been reading a lot of info on payloads, bootloaders, different software, what's safe to use on SX Core and what's not. I'm expecting a SX Core for my Mariko switch any day now, but after installing the chip I wouldn't know where to start. I ordered via Ali, so I don't even know if there would be an activation key for SX OS.

• As I understand: SX OS (100% compatible), Atmosphere (not yet compatible) and ReiNX (compatible???) are CFW's. Is SX OS considered to be good for normal usage? Can I run any homebrew on this?
  • Do I need to boot in RCM?
  • At what point do I need to create a NAND backup? Can I do this with Hekate? I've also read about EmuNAND?
  • Do I need anything else to protect my switch as much as possible?
If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful :)
  • Your first step is create a NAND backup and store it somewhere safe.
  • SX OS allows you to run homebrew as well as pirated games.
  • emuNAND/emuMMC is a must: keep your sysNAND (OFW) clean to safely go online and use emuNAND (CFW) for homebrew/backups (setup 90DNS and Incongnito if you really want to go online with emuNAND )

Reactions: dreamtheft

dreamtheft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • Your first step is create a NAND backup and store it somewhere safe.
  • SX OS allows you to run homebrew as well as pirated games.
  • emuNAND/emuMMC is a must: keep your sysNAND (OFW) clean to safely go online and use emuNAND (CFW) for homebrew/backups (setup 90DNS and Incongnito if you really want to go online with emuNAND )

Okay thanks! I will keep this in mind.

Can I make a NAND backup immediatly after installing the chip and booting in SX OS? Do I need any software to make a backup?

I won't be playing multiplayer games, only local, do I still need to create an emuNAND/MMC? Or is Incognito enough?

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you can create an emunand right away in the SX bootmenu.

You should do you're dirty business in emunand and keep emunand offline so no signs of your dirty business can go to Nintendo.

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay thanks! I will keep this in mind.

Can I make a NAND backup immediatly after installing the chip and booting in SX OS? Do I need any software to make a backup?

I won't be playing multiplayer games, only local, do I still need to create an emuNAND/MMC? Or is Incognito enough?
EmuNAND is an anti-brick measure too. There were some malicious nsps out in the wild some time ago.
A bricked emuNAND is easy to replace.

Rome_13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello I just got the Core for my V2 and there's something bothering me..I accidentally boot in cfw before making a nand back up and emunand.. i immediately turned it off and made a nand backup and emunand... my concern is, is my nand back up dirty? Because I booted in cfw before doing a back up?

Last edited by Rome_13,

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello I just got the Core for my V2 and there's something bothering me..I accidentally boot in cfw before making a nand back up and emunand.. i immediately turned it off and made a nand backup and emunand... my concern is, is my nand back up dirty? Because I booted in cfw before doing a back up?

as a and backup I'm sure it's still usable and pretty sure you won't go back to OFW anyways so whether you consider it dirty is not relevant. If you deal with CFW/hacks/backup expect to be ban. Ban prevention is just prolonging the inevitable or just go offline entirely and get a secondt console for online.

Reactions: Rome_13

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct like the boys said above..

RCM your switch,
and use Hekate Payload to back up the following.

Boot0
Boot1
Rawnand (Emmc gpt)

Then use lockpickRCM Payload to backup your system unique keys (Biskeys) and decryption keys.

Reactions: Rome_13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: