Hacking Newbie: from Gateway to Luma

  • Thread starter Thread starter blb2397
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,488
  • Replies Replies 4

blb2397

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Sep 19, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
57
XP
81
Country
United States
I am sorry if this is a totally dummy question.
I upgraded Emunand on my 3DS with Gateway to GW11.1.0.34.

Well I jumped the gun as the Gateway software is not yet compatible.
In researching this now I found out I can wait on an update or try my hand with something like Luma.

I am willing to try this but I don't yet know what I'm doing.
I see guides for this but my question is what would be the correct approach considering my current setup.

Do I need to start over like brand new or are there specific methods to previously modded 3ds.

I currently have firmware at 4.2


Thanks!
 
You may have to reinstall your sysnand dump if you downgraded with the gateway tools. I had to do that
 
This gets easier with a9lh.

Restoring Gateway functionality without A9LH:
1. Backup emunand
2. Switch to Luma, at least temporarily
3. Inject FBI
4. Install Sysupdater, and downgrade emunand to 11.0.

Restoring Gateway functionality with a9lh (option 1):
1. Follow Plailect's Guide
2. Follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
3. Backup sysnand and emunand
4. Use Luma to boot to emunand.
5. Install sysupdater to downgrade emunand to 11.0.
6. Setup Luma to auto-boot emunand.

Restoring Gateway functionality with a9lh (option 2):
1. Follow Plailect's Guide
2. Follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
3. Backup sysnand and emunand
4. Restore emunand backup to sysnand, being sure that you use the "keep a9lh" option if using Decrypt9.
5. Restore sysnand backup to emunand
6. Use Luma to boot into emunand
7. (Optional) Install sysupdater to update emunand to 11.0.
8. Setup Luma to autoboot sysnand.
 

Site & Scene News