Hacking Newbie flashcart question?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,812
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
After seeing a lot of stuff about it and being locked out of homebrew by poor timing (again) I am going to look into ordering a flashcart. I've looked into it but it is hard to find a concise answer.

The gist is that I want to be able to boot my (legal) CIA 3DS game backups on my 11.6 n3dsxl via flashcart. I also own a cartridge i modded with OOTHAX but I don't think it is functional on 11.6. I do not have FlipHaxx or NinjaHaxx or anything similar to that (I used to use soundhaxx and oothaxx solely before it was patched)
I would also prefer to be able to boot gba and nds emulators like the ones that homebrew was able to launch (back when I had it on my older system) but I know that I've seen such emulators as .CIA files, would these be launched in much the same way as 3ds backups ?
If I did install CFW would it be possible to update my games if a new cfw-breaking update were released ?

I guess my MAIN question would be this: which flashcart should I purchase ? I've heard a lot about the r4i gold rts as well as the new ACE3DSX. Although these both perform similar functions, they seem to require different installation methods. (I've heard that the r4i gold doesn't require cfw but I'm not sure if it is able to boot 3ds CIAs ?) Also I'm sure there are a lot of other carts in existence such as the other r4is and things like Sky3DS and overall it's hard to distinguish the differences between each.

I'm sorry for my super n00by questions but it's hard to find an answer without posting a new thread ,, tysm in advance to anyone willing to answer my dumb questions !!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you want to play .cia games from flashcard, you need to buy 3DS flashcard (which are not cheap and you are able to play .cia apps/games only) or you can buy DS flashcard (any of the supported one) and hack any 3DS you want, while being able to play 3DS, DS and emulated games. Don't worry, there will never be any "cfw-breaking" update.

Reactions: Deleted User

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want to play .cia games from flashcard, you need to buy 3DS flashcard (which are not cheap and you are able to play .cia apps/games only) or you can buy DS flashcard (any of the supported one) and hack any 3DS you want, while being able to play 3DS, DS and emulated games. Don't worry, there will never be any "cfw-breaking" update.
-Flashcards read .3ds files, not .cia
-You can use a sky3ds on every 3DS you want
-The Gateway and other 3ds flashcards get/got shipped with DS mode flashcards.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
-Flashcards read .3ds files, not .cia
-You can use a sky3ds on every 3DS you want
-The Gateway and other 3ds flashcards get/got shipped with DS mode flashcards.
-Idk, idc what format do games have for 3DS flashcards (ok, I was wrong)
-I never mentioned they can't be used on any 3DS.
-Its second card anyway.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have an unhacked 3ds.

ANY 3ds and 2ds out can be hacked using an ntrboot capable cart. this will let you dump your legal carts to the sdcard as CIA or .3ds.

however, it's not safe to play CIAs online that are not legit. and only pre-installed (and installed with cfw or system transferred) or purchased eshop downloads are legit.

To play online safely, you will also need the sky3ds+, and to inject your own private headers for the carts into the .3ds dumps.

Out of the box, you have three options for ntrbooting now.
1) ace3ds X
2) r4i-bs9 (it's pre-flashe to ntrboot)
3) r4i GOld + (has switch inside cart)

many other carts are flashable for ntrboot, but you need one that will run on your unit to flash it.

if you are willing to risk an admittedly unlikely ban, then nrboot is all you need to hack and backup. and for stuff not online, simply turn the internet off and safely play your CIAs.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ANY 3ds and 2ds out can be hacked using an ntrboot capable cart. this will let you dump your legal carts to the sdcard as CIA or .3ds.

however, it's not safe to play CIAs online that are not legit. and only pre-installed (and installed with cfw or system transferred) or purchased eshop downloads are legit.

To play online safely, you will also need the sky3ds+, and to inject your own private headers for the carts into the .3ds dumps.

1) ace3ds X

many other carts are flashable for ntrboot, but you need one that will run on your unit to flash it.

if you are willing to risk an admittedly unlikely ban, then nrboot is all you need to hack and backup. and for stuff not online, simply turn the internet off and safely play your CIAs.
Among the 3 ones, which is the best to purchase, do you think?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

1) ace3ds X

Out of the box he has way more options than just these 3. But the best is (in my eyes) 3ds gold rts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: damn