Hardware New Zelda 3DS XL or a used Zelda 3DS?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I preffer not to order online because I might get a damaged box.

I was VERY satisfied with the way they shipped my Zelda 3DS XL, if it got damaged it only could have happened if they would be playing football or something similar with it. Packed REALLY well and no, I do not work there :P

blazeddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the black normal 3ds zelda version so much, especially with the beautiful gold trimmings.
but it's like 400 bucks new or 200 used, on amazon at least. It's just way too expensive!
Might as well just get a zelda battery cover replacement part from Nintendo's part supply.

And deciding on xl vs normal just depends on personal preference.
I actually bought the XL first, loved it, was great, but I felt like it was a little too big. I'm really into portability.
I went and bought the normal one since I had a 45+ day return policy on the XL, and I just LOVE the size of the normal 3ds.
I actually love the graphics since it's sharper/clearer on the smaller screens. The 3D wasn't ever that appealing to me, but I actually prefer the normal 3ds 3D over the XL.

I'm pretty sure only .001% of the worlds population agrees with me because everyone raves about the XL... but I guess I'm just weird as hell and prefer the normal one, haha.
If you already have the XL, I think you should try out the normal 3ds and make sure you like it first. Then since you can get it for 200(euros, I think you said?) just go ahead and get the normal one and wait for the XL zelda to drop price.

I mean, you already have the XL anyways, the zelda XL will just be visually different, everything else will be the same.
So, basically just try it out and if you prefer the normal one, get the normal one for now since it's a good price (new hopefully :P) and get the XL version later when it drops price.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how well these are likely to keep their value? I see a chain called Wallmart still has some in stock. Unfortunately, there are no Wallmarts in the city so I am going to have to drive or take the train 40 miles into the suburbs to find one.

Wallmarts seem to have a lot of them in stock, they just put all their stores in the middle of nowhere.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how well these are likely to keep their value? I see a chain called Wallmart still has some in stock. Unfortunately, there are no Wallmarts in the city so I am going to have to drive or take the train 40 miles into the suburbs to find one.

Wallmarts seem to have a lot of them in stock, they just put all their stores in the middle of nowhere.

It's really tough to say. They seem to have made a lot of them... but demand is also very high. In our area people are selling them for about $180 without code, so you might try that. They are selling so cheap because people snagged them for $150 during the holiday sales and then sold the game card as well.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have one EUR Zelda 3DS XL bundle, new. If you want it, give me 600 moneys and I will ship it to you (shipping costs not included!).j/k

20 dollars more for the far superior XL model ? i don't understand why this is even a question

Well, rumor has it there are some people on this planet who prefer a crispier screen with small pixels over a bigger screen with large pixels.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really tough to say. They seem to have made a lot of them... but demand is also very high. In our area people are selling them for about $180 without code, so you might try that. They are selling so cheap because people snagged them for $150 during the holiday sales and then sold the game card as well.

I just picked up one for $220 US at Wallmart. The game is really fun and in two days I collected over 100 street passes. I never realized these things were so popular.

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one EUR Zelda 3DS XL bundle, new. If you want it, give me 600 moneys and I will ship it to you (shipping costs not included!).j/k

Well, rumor has it there are some people on this planet who prefer a crispier screen with small pixels over a bigger screen with large pixels.

The 3ds screen resolution is so low that the pixels are very noricable on both devices. The 3D effect though works better on bigger screens.

Reactions: lordofthereef

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Crisper screen? i have both here and they look the same unless i squint, anyway why don't you just tell the truth you have a 3DS and now mommy wont buy you the better version? someones cranky.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
...so then what are you arguing about if you prefer the XL? just for the sake of it?
I'm not much of an egotistical person that thinks just because I prefer something all people prefer the same. Perhaps the OP prefers the 3DS screen over the XL screen. Then he would have gotten bad advice from biased people if he got an XL as a result of it.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To author of thread:

Try to check/get info if the 3DS firmware is lower then 4.5 of you wish to hack it later
Also...
Don't upgrade your 3DS if you wish to hack it later .
Don't accept upgrades inside 3DS games if you wish to hack it later .

As of the topic, I would def go with new Zelda . As I've played Ocarnia of Time many times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021