MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking around DCEmu forums, and look what I found!

QUOTE (Screenshots removed, see source for screenshots and download links):
QUOTE said:
Release via the official site : RetroEmu.com

Hey Wolfenstein fans!

So it's finally here. Wolfenstein 3D V6.0!!

Why has the version number skipped from 5.2 to 6.0?
That is because I always said that 6.0 would be the final version, and this is the final version of Wolfenstein 3D PSP from me

So what's new? What's changed?

Well, one feature a lot of you have been craving is finally implemented (courtesy of Chilly Willy) .. AutoMap.

A guide on how to use automap is contained inside the download (hint hold Square then press Select To enter/exit automap)

Another new update is to the Game Loader. I have mentioned previously that I wanted to re-write the Game Loader from scratch and make it's theme more fitting with the game.

Well now it is, with a nice clean UI to boot. It also has the song back from the first Game Loader.

The deathscreen. Oh how I loathe it. I worked on it for a few hours and got no-where fast. I may have been working on the wrong place or fixing the wrong code but I got it to work everytime. Except when your facing the guard. Why? I don't know. It works 80% you could say. If your not facing an enemy when you die... the screen will turn red, if you are it won't. If anyone wants to fix this the code is there for you to do so

The only other change is the save file names now (instead of being "y") are saved as the map name you are on. So whatever map you are on, the games save name will adopt that.

Screenshot of new eboot art:
Thanks to roseRouge and wolverine666 from deviant art (I used there images).

So your leaving?

Nope I am currently (don't get too excited) working on a port of Shadow Warrior to the PSP and my own game. I don't know when either of these will be ready so please don't ask

What now?

Go off and enjoy Wolfenstein 3d/Spear Of Destiny on your PSP!

You may need to install the patch file below for your version of Wolfenstein 3D.

Screenshot of Wolfenstein 3D PSP in action :

Obviously if any new bugs are introduced as a result of this update I will fix them and re-release
Thanks and enjoy

So what're you waiting for? Get the new version! There's a lot of bug fixes, and the new loader is much nicer IMO. From a personal perspective, I'd say this is one of the best homebrew ports the PSP has ever seen, other than Quake that is.
wink.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, you're welcome. I'm quite impressed with this port. It's a SMALL filesize, and it's a long game to boot! Well, long-ish, depending on your gaming habits. I'm becoming more and more of the type who only plays for 30 minutes at a time compared to 6 hours.
tongue.gif
I've got the full version and all 3 Spear of Destiny packs, so I'll be entertained for a long time.
biggrin.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn wish I could load that but I have a PSP that is normal. That video clip up in the link to dcemu was helpful, was driving me nuts as I couldn't remember that last hidden wall in the first stage of chapter 1.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean, a PSP that is normal? You know you have options to modify your PSP for homebrew, right? Even PSP 3000 users, because I own a PSP 3000. And I didn't know about that last secret in floor 1! Wow, it helped out a lot. I have 9 lives, max health, max ammo, and all I'm missing is the chaingun.
tongue.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3K model the one that came with National Treasure UMD and the rest with it. Far as I know that sucker hasn't been opened up to running homebrew and stuff. I don't tear open my systems as I can't solder for shit as my hands shake just a bit too much and I don't like doing that in general. But hell if there's some software band-aid that would do it I'm game if it's safe. Last thing I got hardware for to swipe games was the GBA and with the DS it just hasn't been worth it and for a good while was just a whore with the slot 1/2 crap and the DSi isn't friendly towards it which I have now.

I knew of that spot with the 1UP in Wolf3D but totally after all these years forgot.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vampire Hunter D said:
I have a 3K model the one that came with National Treasure UMD and the rest with it. Far as I know that sucker hasn't been opened up to running homebrew and stuff. I don't tear open my systems as I can't solder for shit as my hands shake just a bit too much and I don't like doing that in general. But hell if there's some software band-aid that would do it I'm game if it's safe. Last thing I got hardware for to swipe games was the GBA and with the DS it just hasn't been worth it and for a good while was just a whore with the slot 1/2 crap and the DSi isn't friendly towards it which I have now.

I knew of that spot with the 1UP in Wolf3D but totally after all these years forgot.

Au contraire, my PSP 3K came with National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and a 1 gig memory stick, and I have custom firmware on it. It's not a permanent 5.00 M33 or anything, but it does the trick. Just gotta remember to keep putting my PSP in standby, which isn't a problem for me. What firmware do you have? If it's 5.03 or lower, I have the answer for you. EDIT: Make sure you download the one for PSP 3000! If you get the one for 2000, you'll brick your PSP!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline, if it's perfectly acceptable to link to it in a topic of your own on an outside forum, why on earth isn't there a replica topic here. Seems far more sensible than diverting people from GBAtemp.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Skyline, if it's perfectly acceptable to link to it in a topic of your own on an outside forum, why on earth isn't there a replica topic here. Seems far more sensible than diverting people from GBAtemp.

GBAtemp is for DS, GBA, and Wii hacking mostly. PSPSlimHacks is more for the PSP, naturally. Besides, if I posted a replica topic here, what difference would it make? It's the same thing everywhere on the Internet, is it not? It's just linking to an external information source. I don't see what the big deal is.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People here would have a better chance of finding the help they need instead of asking for help as they can see the thread here. It also makes it easier for lazy people who don't feel like looking too hard for what they want. Then again, if they don't feel like looking, they don't really deserve it. It really doesn't matter as long as the person looking for help can use Google and knows what to look for.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Spartan117H3 said:
People here would have a better chance of finding the help they need instead of asking for help as they can see the thread here. It also makes it easier for lazy people who don't feel like looking too hard for what they want. Then again, if they don't feel like looking, they don't really deserve it. It really doesn't matter as long as the person looking for help can use Google and knows what to look for.

This may be true, Spartan, but what's difference to linking to my post on another website, or an identical post here on the 'temp? If the post is completely irrelevant to GBA, DS, or Wii, then it shouldn't matter where said link points to.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Because if the PSP is irrelevant to GBAtemp then there wouldn't be a PSP section at all! The site may not be named PSPtemp but it concerns itself with all the consoles it can. There's no reason the PSP section here couldn't expand bar the fact people keep getting sent elsewhere unnecessarily. And whilst I'm all for sending people to the best places for help, when you're linking to a topic made by you on another forum that's just bonkers. Might as well keep everything "in house" where possible and help the forum here grow.

If in the early days of GBAtemp people were continually linked to other sites it wouldn't be related to any consoles today, it would just be a link repository!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Because if the PSP is irrelevant to GBAtemp then there wouldn't be a PSP section at all! The site may not be named PSPtemp but it concerns itself with all the consoles it can. There's no reason the PSP section here couldn't expand bar the fact people keep getting sent elsewhere unnecessarily. And whilst I'm all for sending people to the best places for help, when you're linking to a topic made by you on another forum that's just bonkers. Might as well keep everything "in house" where possible and help the forum here grow.

If in the early days of GBAtemp people were continually linked to other sites it wouldn't be related to any consoles today, it would just be a link repository!

You have a point, but I still don't see what the big deal is over one link. I mean, all our news has source links, which (usually) link to external websites. So what's the difference between that and this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols