New Wii U user needs directions.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Ararboi, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ararboi
    OP

Ararboi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    Hey there,
    I hope everyone is well, I'm father for 2 kids and I bought Wii U for them and I promise them with a game each month. With time I noticed the I loose my money on games they don't play and they don't like. So, I used this site and I learnt how to use WiiU USB Helper to download games and put it on HDD. and everything works great until they asked me to DLC and Updates.

So, I read more in this forum for more instructions until I find things about BRICKED WiiU, So I stopped there.
    My question here, before I go further with this I want to know what Should I avoid and what should I do before go for it.
    Should I use Bootmii , Should I backup my data on HDD or SDcard. and which best way to fix my WiiU in case is bricked
    keep in mind that I use homebrew just I didn't hacking my WiiU, and not planning to do that too.

One more thing, I read about rednand and sysnand and i Couldn't know what different and what do you mean by those terms too. Can anyone explain this for me.

what safest way to install DLC with CFW required??

Thankfully in advanced,

2. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Ararboi likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can't use BootMii on Wii U.
    Updates should download automatically as long as the games aren't out of region, otherwise they can be downloaded with Wii U USB Helper along with DLC.
    You do need CFW to install/use pirated DLC, if you don't already have Mocha or Haxchi set up then I recommend Haxchi CFW, both are explained in the noob guide linked above.
    RedNAND should be avoided, it's mostly useful for devs and no decent guide will tell you to use it. RedNAND is just a copy of your firmware that resides on the SD card, and SysNAND is the built in firmware.

4. Ararboi
    OP

Ararboi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    Saudi Arabia

It was very useful, thankfully. I was looking around and trying to avoid Hacking forums that's why I didn't find answers for my question. really thanx

No more question so far.:P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanx, I will go for Mocha as its free if doesn't work with me I will try Haxchi,

but are they both won't brick my WiiU. are they safe ?

ov3rkill likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    They're completely safe as long as you're careful what you install. Basically as long as you stick to games, updates and DLC there's no way you could brick, stay away from Sys Config Tool though as it has a lot of options that can brick and don't install system titles.

Ararboi likes this.
  6. Ararboi
    OP

Ararboi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    I will go for it, Thanx again..

7. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Check my guide, I explain there everything.
    Also give a wiiubru.com/guide a read, don't use redNAND unless you're among the "idiot circle" which think it's safer then they come here crying that their redNAND corrupted.

8. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    I take the oportunity to hop in wth a small question: I have CBHC installed, but when i try to install a non-legit dlc i get a failure that syspatch is required. Is this not already done by CBHC? From Procedure: start wii->cbhc launches automatically-> boot to sys menu-> run haxchi to launch hbl-> run wup install gx -> select dlc from sd:/install/[game name]
    Am i doing something wrong? Booting directly from CBHC into HBL also does not solve the problem