Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Wii Modchip: WI-IC

Another quick solder solution

Another Wii modchip was announced today; the WI-IC. Price and release date is unknown, but they've unveiled the features in the image below.
wiic.jpg
icon11.gif
Official Website

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im hoping there will be some sort of DVD channel were i can play DVD's soon. I think ill hold out another 3 months before buying a mod chip purely because all the updates are coming in force now. By that time there will be an awsome solution for the wii.

D

Deleted User

Yes, another modchip!

I could care less for some DVD playing feature. Why on earth would you want to watch DVDs on your Wii? Everyone should have a DVD player nowadays ... and, who wants to watch a movie with no DTS/Dolby 5.1???

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Yes, another modchip!

I could care less for some DVD playing feature. Why on earth would you want to watch DVDs on your Wii? Everyone should have a DVD player nowadays ... and, who wants to watch a movie with no DTS/Dolby 5.1???

I don't think they're saying it'll make a Wii able to play DVDs - just that you'll be able to update the firmware of the chip through either the Disc channel, Photo Channel, or SD slot.

Apart from that, I see nothing new being offered. I'm not sure how much use those tests and diagnostic status reports would be.

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is it with Wii modchips and outright LIES.

This chip is a Wiinja clone stuck on a PCB.

There will NEVER be any of the features mention, out to make a quick $ and never to be seen again.

Lol @ SD card support, the chip doesn't even have 5 position to solder an SD card reader.

Lol @ upgradable, yeah right, desolder the chip, stick it in a pic programmer and upgrade that way.

ITS ALL LIES, MAY THEY ROT IN HELL
smile.gif

gbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually all the features will be implemented.

This chip compares more to the wiikey than the cyclo and wiinja.

The extra wire needed for the photo channel is to allow you to update the firmware on the MODCHIP.

Digger why dont you go fuck yourself? You seem like a complete wanker.

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually all the features will be implemented.Â
How do you know this, are you the one whose thrown a Wiinja onto a pcb and calling it a new mod?

This chip compares more to the wiikey than the cyclo and wiinja.
But it has the limited code space of a PIC (12F629 by any chance)

The extra wire needed for the photo channel is to allow you to update the firmware on the MODCHIP.
I wait with baited breath to find out where all these wires are going to fit onto this mod? 2 power supply wires, 3 data wires for the Wii serial port, you've used an additional data line for a flashing led, leaves 2 pins free. 5 wires for an SD card writer and an additional one to go somewhere for the photo channel bollocks

QUOTE(gbatemp @ Feb 16 2007, 07:40 PM)
Digger why dont you go fuck yourself? You seem like a complete wanker.
Ooh, does the truth hurt?

Dont like to see people getting ripped off with blatant lies.

ITS A WIINJA ON A PCB. Go on prove me wrong!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...