Hacking New WD My passport 500gb essential help

kharn101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg...so my old hd works...a word of caution for those who want the new wd...avoid it....mine didn't work so i used my old one and worked like a charm...thanks again guys
smile.gif

Coconuts 500

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the very same hard drive. It is terrible! Warning!

It works fairly well on a computer, but in the Wii, it is very unpredictable! I do not know why, but it is hard to make a connection! You have to unplug and plug in the USB cable many times, before it works. And when it works - never disconnect it again!
tongue.gif

Really, warning on this type of drive! It sucks! WD used to be good, but not anymore.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the new WD drives are a little slower to initialize. So if you have a forwarder channel, it might not wake up the first time u launch it, but when u launch it the second time it should already be initialized (from your previous attempt) and work fine.

I recommend the Seagate GoFlex drives, they're the same price as the WDs or cheaper, they're faster to initialize, great compatability with the Wii (and PS3), and they're upgradable if you ever decide you want to switch back and forth between USB2.0/esata/firewire/USB3.0

lukecs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem with my WD my passport SE 1Tb drive. I tried reformating multiple times but its still not loading in Configurable USB Loader or in wiimc. It does show up in the homebrew channel. I have another hard drive that works fine on the wii, so it must be a problem with the hard drive. Perhaps something to do with Smartware??? If anyone is able to get the newer versions of these drives working please post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM