jergens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AgeJ said:
Hey

I have a very strange problem when i install the hacked vc games with the TP hack. All games i've tried install correctly but van I start them my screen starts moving up and keeps moving all the time. And when something is going of screen it comes back at the bottom. It's some kind of weird loop. Does someone has the same problem or does anyone got a solution for the problem cuz it's very hard playing when your screen is constantly moving. I already tried different resolutions but nothing helps.

AgeJ
That exact thing would happen to me if I played PAL games on my NTSC PS2. Are you using an NTSC (Japanese or North American) Wii? Because if you are these games won't work properly.

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
Rofl @ Duckula

For anyone wondering, the vc games doesnt seems to work in 480p. At least not on my tv set, but they do fine in s-video and composite (i assume that the max resolution for those emus is 480i).
Wii pal with D2ckey.
Oh well, ill stick with my xbox with component cables and emulators
biggrin.gif

Grish4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how the shop channel knows we had a vc game installed even when we remove the channel prior to connecting? When I tested it I had forgotten to also remove the save file.. perhaps this is where it finds out...

I will test tonight with smb3, by loading the channel then removing both chan and the save file.

Either way, I'm a little concerned as I know Nintendo can definately isolate me/us based on credit history vs downloadable content.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GbaDoctor said:
Rofl @ Duckula

For anyone wondering, the vc games doesnt seems to work in 480p. At least not on my tv set, but they do fine in s-video and composite (i assume that the max resolution for those emus is 480i).
Wii pal with D2ckey.
biggrin.gif

Try loading the game in 480p, then press the Home button, the Wii menu should pop up, if you go to the operation guide then, making sure you have the nunchuck in, press A + 2 + Z (bit of a hand mangler), it should 'ping', then when you press home it should work just fine. I tried this and it worked with everything so far except Donkey Kong Junior.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendodstefan said:
I still can't get it to work..
I get the code dump error,
and i can't download it form the wiishop either..
frown.gif

Sorry to double post but I couldn't see how to quote two things in one post...

I had this issue, no amount of formatting the SD card or trying a different one would work. The reason being I first tried to install the VC titles through the homebrew channel....DON'T! Even if you use the TP hack after this it won't work, what you have to do now is unplug the power from the Wii, then plug it back in, then use the TP hack. NO HOMEBREW CHANNEL! Hopefully that helps...

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
cherryduck said:
nintendodstefan said:
frown.gif

I had this issue, no amount of formatting the SD card or trying a different one would work. The reason being I first tried to install the VC titles through the homebrew channel....DON'T! Even if you use the TP hack after this it won't work, what you have to do now is unplug the power from the Wii, then plug it back in, then use the TP hack. NO HOMEBREW CHANNEL! Hopefully that helps...

Homebrew channel worked fine for me for all five games.

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
mb01 said:
cherryduck said:
nintendodstefan said:
frown.gif

Homebrew channel worked fine for me for all five games.

did you install the homebrew channel from an iso? is it easy to install games from the homebrew channel?

Movi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
cherryduck said:
GbaDoctor said:
Rofl @ Duckula

Wii pal with D2ckey.
biggrin.gif

Try loading the game in 480p, then press the Home button, the Wii menu should pop up, if you go to the operation guide then, making sure you have the nunchuck in, press A + 2 + Z (bit of a hand mangler), it should 'ping', then when you press home it should work just fine. I tried this and it worked with everything so far except Donkey Kong Junior.

Thank you sir, if this works, you get a cookie from me
smile.gif

Since i bouht my VGA box ive given up on Virtual Console, since i thought it didnt work with 480p. When i get home ill test it.

Also : someone please dump the C64 games!

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Virtual Console seems extremely weird..

VC games only work on my TV through the component cables anything else and they are as jumpy as feck but smooth, when played through component they are very pixelated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...