Hardware New user: Help syncing second Wii remote to Homebrew Channel

Caliryder209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, just to let you know, I'm new here.

Okay, so, here's the scenario: I got my Wii when it first came out and used the packaged Wii remote as my primary one, but I also got a second, separately packaged Wii remote the same day and used that as my secondary remote. Fast forward a couple years and something happens to my secondary remote that requires it to be synced (the press-sync-button-on-Wii-then-sync-button-on-Wii remote way) every time I power on my Wii, again when starting a game, and yet again when exiting a game and returning to the System Menu. Fast forward a little more and my primary remote stops working, causing me to rely on my secondary. I've had no problem using my secondary Wii remote in place of my primary, or navigating the Homebrew Channel with my Gamecube controller, up until now. I want to patch my Super Smash Bros Brawl with custom Character, music, and stage files, but to do this requires the use of programs like Cheat Code Manager, Gecko OS, or Riivolution, all of which offer no Gamecube controller support.

Here's my situation: I want to use any of the three aforementioned applications to patch Brawl but, as I've stated before, the Wii remote loses its sync to the console when starting a game (including Homebrew Channel) and needs to be re-synced after it starts. I can't do this while running Homebrew Channel or any of its applications for some reason; I try to re-sync the wiimote but it won't connect. Is there a way to do so while running Homebrew Channel?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...or if you don't want to read how take a look here
laugh.gif

http://www.ehow.com/how_2054304_synchronize-new-wiimote.html

Caliryder209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
...or if you don't want to read how take a look here
laugh.gif

http://www.ehow.com/how_2054304_synchronize-new-wiimote.html

Yeah, that's everyone's solution to anything Wii remote synchronization related. What you don't understand is that I have to go through that process (although only for one remote) EVERY TIME I power on my Wii (with the power button on the console, can't power it on with my remote), start a game, enter a new channel, or return to the System Menu. It works for any of those instances, except when I enter HBC. What I'm basically trying to say here is my Wii remote won't permanently sync to the console.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, second idea: delete known wiimotes from wii and resync all:
1. Start the wii, press the home button on the working wiimote, press the sync button on the wii for 30 seconds to delete all known wiimotes (you will see that the wiimote will loose sync and you can't resync)
2. Press the sync button on the wii once (still in the system menu) and press the sync button on the first wiimote and WAIT until the first one has sync again. Now you can do point 2 with your other wiimotes.

Caliryder209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
OK, second idea: delete known wiimotes from wii and resync all:
1. Start the wii, press the home button on the working wiimote, press the sync button on the wii for 30 seconds to delete all known wiimotes (you will see that the wiimote will loose sync and you can't resync)
2. Press the sync button on the wii once (still in the system menu) and press the sync button on the first wiimote and WAIT until the first one has sync again. Now you can do point 2 with your other wiimotes.

Well, you see, I don't really have a "working" Wii remote, only the one I use that has to be synced every time I start something ( the one I set this thread up to fix in the first place). The other one that came packaged with the Wii no longer works. So, i really don't need to perform the second part of step two. I did, however, perform steps one and the first part of step two. The remote synced as usual, but when I started HBC, it disconnected as always and still couldn't re-sync it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Caliryder209 said:
Well, you see, I don't really have a "working" Wii remote, only the one I use that has to be synced every time I start something ( the one I set this thread up to fix in the first place). The other one that came packaged with the Wii no longer works. So, i really don't need to perform the second part of step two. I did, however, perform steps one and the first part of step two. The remote synced as usual, but when I started HBC, it disconnected as always and still couldn't re-sync it.
The second part of step one is the most important step because it sounds like the known wiimote registration in the wii is broken or something like this, so please delete it first by holding the sync button on the wii for 30 seconds to make sure that the wii can correctly re-register the wiimotes!

Caliryder209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Caliryder209 said:
The second part of step one is the most important step because it sounds like the known wiimote registration in the wii is broken or something like this, so please delete it first by holding the sync button on the wii for 30 seconds to make sure that the wii can correctly re-register the wiimotes!

Hmm.. I made a mistake. Forget what I said about skipping the second part of step two. Now, my Wii's Wiimote registration should already be deleted since I held the sync button on the Wii for 30 seconds until my remote disconnected. I re-synced it within the System Menu, but it still disconnects when starting HBC and won't reconnect.

Caliryder209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Install IOS58 and after this uninstall and reinstall the homebrew channel.

Still can't connect Wii remote when in HBC. Here's what I did:

1. Installed IOS 58
2. Ran HackMii installer
3. chose "Uninstall Homebrew Channel" option
4. Chose "install Homebrew Channel" option
5. returned to Homebrew Channel
6. Tried to connect Wii remote, but failed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1