Hacking New Update!

Did your main method of Hax break?

• Total voters

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to either have a whitelist (which can be deleted or otherwise altered in the case of emunand) or the information will be taken from import.db, which you can clear out by launching safemode and cancelling update, then use rxtools to dump from sysnand and inject into emunand. In the end, I don't think the latest game version requirement will be hard to get around, as long as you have an exploitable system to start with.

Edit: but the post above this makes me question my thought process...

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Ar7ific1al

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't be able to touch Cubic Ninja since the original devs are no longer around, no?
I garentee Cubic Ninja will find itself an update. Its been the most reliable way of loading hax. Its compatible with all firmwares since ninjhax's release. You really think they would ignore it?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change log:
upload_2016-1-18_20-3-17.png

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I garentee Cubic Ninja will find itself an update. Its been the most reliable way of loading hax. Its compatible with all firmwares since ninjhax's release. You really think they would ignore it?
They don't have a choice. They don't have the source code. All they did was approve it and sign it. Even if they did have the source, to make an update for a game that isn't their IP would be a copyright violation.

Last edited by urherenow,
D

Deleted User

I didnt see that as an image. 10/10

Unless the update is just an identical dummy update, or an update rendering the game useless, I think it wouldnt make much sense to waste time forming an update without the source code for the game to patch the exploit. Rendering it useless = angry customers, dummy update = update for same usable exploit.

---------

GATEWAY MULTI-ROM MENU IS BROKEN ON MY N3DS WITH LATEST FIRM! Watch out!

Last edited by ,

Richie_b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just updated my rxTools EmuNAND on my o3DS. Turns out I can open Colors! 3D and Pokemon Rumble World despite both not being updated to the latest version.
So it's safe to assume Nintendo only blocked Ironfall from opening if it's not updated (At least for the time being).

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that ALL games can't be played without updates. Is this just for Ironhax?

Someone said they could play triforce heros without updating.

The worst thing they can do now is..oh god..

MAKE IT SO THAT ALL GAMES MUST BE UPDATED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE TO BE PLAYABLE ONLINE

Last edited by DKB,

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I think the update is now required when the software needs to be fully downloaded again. For most games you only need to download the update as additional data, but for IronFall the full game needs to be downloaded again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: