Did your main method of Hax break?

• Total voters

Captain Skank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't able to downgrade no matter what I tried besides system format. Does browserhax still work on 10.3 if I use the Tubehax DNS?

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up before you waste your time. I live in Argentina and when I first got my 3ds I had a horrible idea, I setted my NNID to my country and bought a copy of Pokémon. However latin american eshop at that time was horrible and didn't even had the Pokémon patch so I couldn't either play online or avoid the game-breaking lumiose city glitch. I emailed them and no, they don't give a fuck.
Nintendo don't really give a single fuck to Latin America. Brazil here.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, I booted up NinjHax 2.5 and used Update Suppressor on Ironfall. It no longer shows the scrolling "An update is available" message, but still gives "You need to update this software before you can launch it." message.

:(

So it has to be a separate list. There are other titles (Monster Hunter 4, I have on my N3DS and it does the same as it did in past firmwares, asks if I want to update or launch anyway), and even free ones. Pokémon Rumble World is also a free title, and like Ironfall it has an update that replaces the entire program, rather than having a separate "v1.1" title. And that still opens without updating.

So I'm thinking it's JUST Ironfall that requires the update with 10.4, and JUST because of how popular Ironhax was.

Per the earlier discussion about Nintendo making updates, you should note that Nintendo didn't actually *make* the Ironfall update, the program was already updated months ago, all they're doing is enforcing the already-made update. Cubic Ninja doesn't have any title updates and probably never will.

Reactions: LarBob

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I'll stick with emunand 9.5 on rxtools for my New. Is working well so I don't have to touch its configuration.

Nintendo don't really give a single fuck to Latin America. Brazil here.

Indeed, as a Colombian I'm really upset about it and that's why I downgraded my n3DS when I lost my faith in them, after spending shitloads of money on them for years.

Last edited by Lyomak,
Reactions: brkun

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is most downgrading boned now? A friend of mine needs her 3DS downgraded, but it's been in storage and is probably on 9.9-ish and she hasn't found it yet.

I was hoping she'd get to it when 10.3 was still up :|

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Success updated my N3DS just fine can still play my games :)

12576326_10153896433113216_643789167_n.jpg

Immahnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've noticed on the Reddit side that some people are updating their ReiNAND just fine. What are the cons and pros of updating if Rei still works?

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested out ninjhax, menuhax, and the homebrew launcher in 10.4. All of these entry points work just fine. I did get a considerable amount of yellow screens when cold booting rxtools emunand compared to 10.3 emunand.

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested out ninjhax, menuhax, and the homebrew launcher in 10.4. All of these entry points work just fine. I did get a considerable amount of yellow screens when cold booting rxtools emunand compared to 10.3 emunand.
If only I had cubic ninja... :c

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So don't update emunand if you have games that need updates X.X I have one foreign game that requires update but can't find ugh ok I am staying on 10.3 emunand I also cold boot rxtools NOPE if there's issues I'm not updating worse comes to worse I'll shut down wifi they can't force us to update even if we were on Internet we are not a WiiU reason why I'd only hack my 3ds you can tell it no updating XD

Last edited by AshleyCummings,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?