New Update about Byuu/Near

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
About a year ago Byuu/Near supposedly committed suicide and left a note blaming a certain website.
The US Department of State has finalized its records for 2021. No death of an American citizen was recorded in Japan in 2021 after Byuu's suicide note was published.

The main thing here is No Americans died in Japan a month before and AFTER Byuu was reported to have killed himself. Many people at the time found the whole thing odd and with this new revelation, we have no actual proof that said thing happened.

Could it be some big hoax for a person that wanted to get rid of an old persona and start a new one?

FVhzHcPWAAAC0ro.png

Source

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The fact that everyone is supposed to believe byuu is gone based on nothing but the words of one man is what strikes me as something pointing towards it being a hoax. It's literally just a trust me bro situation.

To make it clear though, I'm hoping it is a hoax and that byuu is doing better wherever that is.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If it is a hoax or not, Byuu/Near has all the right to do whatever he wants with his life, so if he wanted to stay away from all that crap coming from wherever it was coming, I hope he's doing great and having a better life.

Byuu/Near I hope you're doing great wherever you are. Blessings!

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If it is a hoax or not, Byuu/Near has all the right to do whatever he wants with his life, so if he wanted to stay away from all that crap coming from wherever it was coming, I hope he's doing great and having a better life.

Byuu/Near I hope you're doing great wherever you are. Blessings!
Im pretty sure people don't have the right to fake their deaths if that is what happened here. not only that he could get sue

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im pretty sure people don't have the right to fake their deaths if that is what happened here. not only that he could get sue
If, and only if, he had debts to pay. if he doesn't, there's no reason to sue him. You could compare it with a witnesses protection system. He should have let the authorities know about it too.

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If someone genuinely felt that faking their own death was the only way to escape a targeted hate & harassment campaign that made their life intolerable, then making out that they were the one in the wrong would be pretty disgusting IMO.
Let's be real there is no Harassment their topic was inactive and like 9 pages from what I have seen, we need to stop acting like that is the problem.

The person needed a scapegoat and they got it from that site just like there is no proof of the death of this person now there is also no proof of this harassment campaign.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's be real there is no Harassment their topic was inactive and like 9 pages from what I have seen, we need to stop acting like that is the problem.

The person needed a scapegoat and they got it from that site just like there is no proof of the death of this person now there is also no proof of this harassment campaign.
Ok you're a piece of shit, thanks for letting me know.

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of whether or not Byuu/Near is alive or is dead, why not just leave them the hell alone regardless? If they're alive, then forget they exist. If they're dead, then leave them at peace. It gains nothing to continue speculation like this and it's in terrible taste. Please, fuck off with all of this.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure it's illegal in the US to fake your own death (maybe Japan to) because dead people don't pay taxes same reason why it's illegal in the US (except 1 or 2 states) for assisted suicde for the terminally ill
Technically this would not be considered a full faking of death. A suicide note and lack of internet presence does not make a fake death in the legal ramification way. To be considered a real illegal fake death you would actually have to go through he process of faking your actual death, obtain fake death certs, close out bank accounts/residential and so on. Basically you would be a living "ghost" avoiding the system and would take on a new identity most likely to restart all over again.

But this? This is not that. Many people/jackasses "faked" their own deaths via online with most of them just trying to scrub away their online presence/identity in the most blunt way possible hoping it would be enough for people to just move on and assume its no longer relevant. Some also do it for attention as well only for them to come back or be exposed and have their entire online career be ripped apart in the public eye.

I can't say what this particular scenario is, but its higlhly unlikely that if he did fake his death, he did so fully with the intent of getting rid of his entire life/identity. He just wanted to no longer have a presence on the net and there is no illegal action for that as far as I know.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically this would not be considered a full faking of death. A suicide note and lack of internet presence does not make a fake death in the legal ramification way. To be considered a real illegal fake death you would actually have to go through he process of faking your actual death, obtain fake death certs, close out bank accounts/residential and so on. Basically you would be a living "ghost" avoiding the system and would take on a new identity most likely to restart all over again.

But this? This is not that. Many people/jackasses "faked" their own deaths via online with most of them just trying to scrub away their online presence/identity in the most blunt way possible hoping it would be enough for people to just move on and assume its no longer relevant. Some also do it for attention as well only for them to come back or be exposed and have their entire online career be ripped apart in the public eye.

I can't say what this particular scenario is, but its higlhly unlikely that if he did fake his death, he did so fully with the intent of getting rid of his entire life/identity. He just wanted to no longer have a presence on the net and there is no illegal action for that as far as I know.
well he lives in Japan iirc but I just looked at Japan's Penal code (55 pages translated to english) and your right even there it's not illegal at least if fraud/forgery isn't done

Nyaako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some research on the whole thing when it was going on last year. Upon going through the thread Byuu/Near had issues with, the activity on that thread was very little at the time before June 2021 (around 13 pages starting from May 2018-June 2021) and basically had no information on who he is (like his real name/face/identity), private life, or even where he was even currently living at the time. It only shot up in activity once Byuu/Near posted that suicide message back in June 2021.

The people of that site have the skills to find who they look for when given enough information, and yet they couldn't find a single thing on him except his past internet personas within 3 years and only 13 pages long. Which made things way more suspicious the deeper the rabbit hole goes since he blames the site for constant harassments and attacks on himself and his friends in real life when they couldn't even find a single shred of his real identity or where he even lived.

After a whole year, there still hasn't been a single official report about his supposed suicide and any actual proof of obituary relating to him. So it makes me believe that Byuu/Near wanted to wipe his slate clean and to try and start anew with his fake suicide. Which is fine since I would like to believe that he's alive and not dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.