New trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes reveals surprise antagonist

Nintendo has released a new trailer for the upcoming Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes that sheds some light on the game's story and mechanics. A spin-off of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Three Hopes has players step into the shoes of new character Shez as they try to take down the Ashen Demon, revealed to be Byleth, the player character from Three Houses. Like all modern Fire Emblem protagonists, Shez's sex and name can be decided by the player. (Byleth's sex can also be chosen, though it appears they will always be known as the Ashen Demon.) Similar to Byleth in Three Houses, Shez can also align with either Edelgard, Dimitri or Claude, with each path offering different story outcomes and playable characters.

Being a musou-style game, battles will take place in realtime against gigantic swarms of enemies, but there will be some RPG and strategy elements present. Shez can retrain in various different classes, and adjutants will be available to perform special partner moves. In between battles, players can explore their base, train with allies and form bonds with them.

Fire Emblem: Three Hopes will release on the Nintendo Switch on June 24, 2022.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Damn, they seem to improve the combat in persona 5 strikers, but this looks like we are back to mindless single button mashing boredom.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, they seem to improve the combat in persona 5 strikers, but this looks like we are back to mindless single button mashing boredom.
musou has been three button for years, dude, light/heavy/special
if you're gonna insult the genre, at least correctly insult it

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Glad to see Male Byleth alive and well. (Pretty sure this is the first time we’ve seen him for this game)
It is; he wasn't in the initial trailer at all, which I personally found quite gross. Glad they rectified this issue.

Still, how the hell would this fit into Three Houses' story, what with Byleth being the enemy? He's the Professor who chose a House, became beloved by said House, then disappeared for like three years after the Battle for Garreg Mach, and his return brought morale back for his House, who then proceed to win the war - he can't come back as a villain during that three-year gap, since it'd violate that "brought morale back" part.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is; he wasn't in the initial trailer at all, which I personally found quite gross. Glad they rectified this issue.

Still, how the hell would this fit into Three Houses' story, what with Byleth being the enemy? He's the Professor who chose a House, became beloved by said House, then disappeared for like three years after the Battle for Garreg Mach, and his return brought morale back for his House, who then proceed to win the war - he can't come back as a villain during that three-year gap, since it'd violate that "brought morale back" part.

From what I can tell, it’s supposed to be some kind of “golden route”. Basically, the Byleth in this game has been experienced all four of the other storylines from Three Houses by using Divine Pulse to travel back in time and in this game they’ve traveled back in time again to try and make a timeline where he tries to help everyone while also not allying themselves with a single faction.

Reactions: Ahmir

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They merged the musou style game with fire emblem strategy and what seems like free roam?? Damn... I was mid hypre for the game but seeing it now, I am very exited.

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, it’s supposed to be some kind of “golden route”. Basically, the Byleth in this game has been experienced all four of the other storylines from Three Houses by using Divine Pulse to travel back in time and in this game they’ve traveled back in time again to try and make a timeline where he tries to help everyone while also not allying themselves with a single faction.
why does sound like another fire emblem? something to do with conquests and birthrights i believe? maybe it's fate that i even remember that Revelation?

• Haha
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does sound like another fire emblem? something to do with conquests and birthrights i believe? maybe it's fate that i even remember that Revelation?

Fairly certain you’re thinking of Awakening, where all the child characters came back from the ruined future to prevent it from happening. Fates didn’t have any time travel, but it did have the three routes to choose from.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...And to think that the FE:3H devs didn't actually want there to be a "golden route" a la Fates: Revelations, since it'd render the other paths pointless; I wonder why they changed their minds?

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly certain you’re thinking of Awakening, where all the child characters came back from the ruined future to prevent it from happening. Fates didn’t have any time travel, but it did have the three routes to choose from.
True, but Revelation was a DLC for Fates, where you didnt choose either conquest or birthright, but made everyone into your allies.
that was the very subtle joke i was making....

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
True, but Revelation was a DLC for Fates, where you didnt choose either conquest or birthright, but made everyone into your allies.
that was the very subtle joke i was making....
Honestly, and this is gonna be a real "hot take" for realsies, but Fates would've been better without 2/3 paths being DLC - why not have one version of the game, where you can pick either Birthright or Conquest to play, but Revelations is locked behind beating both their final Chapters, as a reward for doing so?
Also, give Gunther his Support convos from Conquest; there's no reason why they're absent when he doesn't die and is fully playable for most of Revelations...really odd decision there.

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, and this is gonna be a real "hot take" for realsies, but Fates would've been better without 2/3 paths being DLC - why not have one version of the game, where you can pick either Birthright or Conquest to play, but Revelations is locked behind beating both their final Chapters, as a reward for doing so?
Also, give Gunther his Support convos from Conquest; there's no reason why they're absent when he doesn't die and is fully playable for most of Revelations...really odd decision there.
Because they make less money that way.

Actually, I think they did have a special edition of the game that included all three.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
why not have one version of the game, where you can pick either Birthright or Conquest to play, but Revelations is locked behind beating both their final Chapters, as a reward for doing so?

Game devs decision most likely, they work on segments and they just want you to see what they've made, so they make the attractive end result a reward for checking out all their work. :P

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we'd get other franchises as musou games, I love fire emblem but as a musou but it doesn't work as a mudou game.

The first Zelda musou was awesome, colorful, energetic, fun and celebrated the entire franchise. but the second kind of fell flat ( even thought it did have some very nice ideas )

I would like to see something surprising making it as a musou. as long as it doesn't take itself TOO seriously anything can work. Even pushmo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol