New trailer for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes reveals surprise antagonist

Nintendo has released a new trailer for the upcoming Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes that sheds some light on the game's story and mechanics. A spin-off of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Three Hopes has players step into the shoes of new character Shez as they try to take down the Ashen Demon, revealed to be Byleth, the player character from Three Houses. Like all modern Fire Emblem protagonists, Shez's sex and name can be decided by the player. (Byleth's sex can also be chosen, though it appears they will always be known as the Ashen Demon.) Similar to Byleth in Three Houses, Shez can also align with either Edelgard, Dimitri or Claude, with each path offering different story outcomes and playable characters.

Being a musou-style game, battles will take place in realtime against gigantic swarms of enemies, but there will be some RPG and strategy elements present. Shez can retrain in various different classes, and adjutants will be available to perform special partner moves. In between battles, players can explore their base, train with allies and form bonds with them.

Fire Emblem: Three Hopes will release on the Nintendo Switch on June 24, 2022.

Volttekka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, it’s supposed to be some kind of “golden route”. Basically, the Byleth in this game has been experienced all four of the other storylines from Three Houses by using Divine Pulse to travel back in time and in this game they’ve traveled back in time again to try and make a timeline where he tries to help everyone while also not allying themselves with a single faction.
So, does that mean that in this game we're basically gonna be getting in the way of them achieving that golden ending?

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because they make less money that way.

Actually, I think they did have a special edition of the game that included all three.
I've always wondered, how the heck did they fit all routes in a single 3DS cartridge? I've just checked its size, and it is about 1,74GB

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wondered, how the heck did they fit all routes in a single 3DS cartridge? I've just checked its size, and it is about 1,74GB
Some parts of the game data are common between all versions, so it's not actually 3x as big.
Max size for a 3DS cart is 8GB, according to google.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?