Hacking New to Wii U homebrew, a question about Virtual Consoles

saxoman1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please elaborate on how to find the folder location of the game? I'm finding multiple config files and I really only have one DS VC game installed at the moment! Thanks!

Basically, use the title key as a "map" to navigate the file system. You can find this number by looking at the folder name of the WUP format game you downloaded from Wii U Helper.

For example, this [00050000101C3700] is the title key for Phantom Hourglass.

So starting on the top level folder, go to "storage_usb" (please tell me you have your games on an external, cuz I don't know how to do this looking at nand storage! Not to mention its risky!).

From there, go to "usr" then next "title". Then, use the first 8 digits of the title key to find the right folder.

Since mine was 00050000101C3700, that folder for me was "00050000"

Next, use the remaining numbers in the title key to locate he next folder.

Again, since mine was 00050000101C3700, that (next) folder for me was "101C3700"

From there, go to "content", then open the next folder (called "0010" for me, hope its always one folder here).

Then BAM, there it is, the configuration file you want called "configuration_cafe.json" (and the rom itself in the zip folder).

Now here's MY question, does this "renderscale" edit actually work for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass? Because when I do the edit process, the result is that the image is stretched out to fill the screen, BUT the resolution remains low (so it looks worse actually).

If there is a way to get this to work I'd love to know, otherwise I'll just play at original resolution and aspect ratio :)

Reactions: trogdon

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, use the title key as a "map" to navigate the file system. You can find this number by looking at the folder name of the WUP format game you downloaded from Wii U Helper.

For example, this [00050000101C3700] is the title key for Phantom Hourglass.

So starting on the top level folder, go to "storage_usb" (please tell me you have your games on an external, cuz I don't know how to do this looking at nand storage! Not to mention its risky!).

From there, go to "usr" then next "title". Then, use the first 8 digits of the title key to find the right folder.

Since mine was 00050000101C3700, that folder for me was "00050000"

Next, use the remaining numbers in the title key to locate he next folder.

Again, since mine was 00050000101C3700, that (next) folder for me was "101C3700"

From there, go to "content", then open the next folder (called "0010" for me, hope its always one folder here).

Then BAM, there it is, the configuration file you want called "configuration_cafe.json" (and the rom itself in the zip folder).

Now here's MY question, does this "renderscale" edit actually work for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass? Because when I do the edit process, the result is that the image is stretched out to fill the screen, BUT the resolution remains low (so it looks worse actually).

If there is a way to get this to work I'd love to know, otherwise I'll just play at original resolution and aspect ratio :)

Thank you for outlining this! I have forgotten how the navigation works, so this is helpful for me as well.

And to answer your question, the edit does not work for the VC versions of Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. You will need to inject those games using something like Phacox injector, and edit the "configuration_cafe.json" of the game you are using as the base of the inject. Mario Kart DS was the most effective base for me, and I was able to use that base to inject other games and have the renderscale trick work successfully. I think I also took that opportunity to inject Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass with the D-pad/Button patched versions

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that RenderScale doesn't work with every base VC game. Does anyone have data on which bases (and which 3D games) it works on?
In particular, it sounds like it does not work on the Zelda games or Style Savvy. With that in mind, which base is best for high-res goodness?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn