New to Wii U homebrew, a question about Virtual Consoles

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by raqibmarvelous, Mar 19, 2017.

1. raqibmarvelous
    OP

raqibmarvelous Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    I saw that there was a way to upscale DS games and remove the shadow filters from N64 games natively from the virtual consoles. How does one access these features?

I currently have Haxchi permanently installed via Animal Crossing Wild World.

This might be an odd question as well, but I thought I'd just include it. Is there any way to access Nintendont without going into the vWii menu? I lost my Wii remotes and have no way to access it currently.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    I forgot how to do the first 2 things, but to boot Nintendont without vWii menu install the nintendont fowarder and use hbl2hbc to boot that fowarder

raqibmarvelous likes this.
  3. raqibmarvelous
    OP

raqibmarvelous Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    Thank you for this, much appreciated.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    First it depends on how you get it. Anyway besides that you need to unpack the VC game first. To a extracted format for example if you were using it in loadiine not the Installable format.

After is extracted, you need to find a textfile. The text file should be config.json somewhere in the extracted data. That has a specific instruction for picture rendering. You have to edit the instruction to render into a higher quality.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1215749

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 19, 2017
    raqibmarvelous likes this.