new to r4ds help..

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jocasta, Jan 27, 2008.

Jan 27, 2008

new to r4ds help.. by jocasta at 12:36 AM (833 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jocasta
    OP

Newcomer jocasta Newbie

United States
    ok so ive been downloading games from nds games and some works fine but i can't seem to play the nds save games. what do i need to do? does it work for r4?

PS how do i put music & videos? lol thanks [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'm not sure what you mean by can't seem to play the nds save games so i'm ganna leave that alone and help a little w/ your music and videos question.

the answer? Moonshell... on the R4's main menu with the 3 buttons have you ever pressed the middle button? it should boot up moonshell if it doesn't you probly don't have it on your microSD card, i'd go about finding it and installing it.

and music you can just copy onto your card and place it anywhere. i don't believe moonshell can read FLAC or AAC tho so i'd stick with mp3's (all i have, so i can't test anything else) but movies are a different story.

the movies have to be DPG format (well don't have to be but its the recommended format of the ones that it will play) and in order to get your movies to dpg format theres tools out there you can use. I personally use BatchDPG it works great, theres a lot of tutorials out here if you do your searching. also if batchdpg doesn't work theres some other tools like DPGTools i believe comes w/ the moonshell package at its homepage.

best i can do for ya [​IMG] so yar: mp3's just drag n drop anywhere on your card and boot up the Multimedia thing from the R4's main menu and search for your mp3's and just play them with the A button [​IMG] works a treat imo. and movies you're ganna have to convert to DPG and then you do the same thing and boot into the multimedia tool and find the dpg file, press a and it should start playing.

3. jocasta
    OP

Newcomer jocasta Newbie

United States
    yea thanks =)
    oh bout the save games um i cant play it on my ds. it says 'its a bad save or its not a game save' idk wth?lol
    well for the nds games (its what it says on the homebrew forum) it work fine when i download it & played maybe because its .rar file and the nds save games are .zip or .sav.

idk im confused ???

4. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    DS games are .nds files. Just in case you're confused.

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    You want the save file? Make sure that the ROM and the save file are the same name, like 0680 - Mario Kart.nds and 0680 - Mario Kart.sav.

6. jocasta
    OP

Newcomer jocasta Newbie

United States
    ummm..
    the games here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=14) (nds save games) have the .sav or .zip file type only. i downloaded then zipped it but the outcome file is a SAV file only
    and i needed a .nds file right? i mean how or where do i get it? is it separate download?

7. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Uh, I think that you may want to edit your post. Discussing where and how to get ROMs is not allowed I think.

Never mind, as long as you didn't ask for a ROM link you're okay. How you find ROMs is up to you and you cannot share on this forum.