Hacking New to R4

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just borrowed an R4 from one of my friends 'cause his SD card died somehow and I had a spare laying around so I figured I'd give it a try, I've been looking around for a bit but I cannot for the life of me figure out if there's anything special I need to do (like directories / subdirectories / whatnot) to put stuff on my SD card. If someone could give me a short walk through or give me a link of an in depth guide of how to set up the data on my SD card it'd be much appreciated.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I think I found what info I needed.

one last question, I downloaded the latest kernel (or whatever it's supposed to be called) and unarchived it to my SD card. Since I chose the English version, I'm supposing that I need the contents of the "English" folder in the root directory instead of the "English" folder itself in the root directory, am I correct in supposing so?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
thanks, I think I found what info I needed.

one last question, I downloaded the latest kernel (or whatever it's supposed to be called) and unarchived it to my SD card. Since I chose the English version, I'm supposing that I need the contents of the "English" folder in the root directory instead of the "English" folder itself in the root directory, am I correct in supposing so?
Yes, move everything in the English folder to the root of your card. Also check out my signature for a fixed version of the R4DS loader/firmware if you plan on using cheats at all.
smile.gif

jack617

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im am also new to the r4 ,i need help i download the firmware and put it on my mircoSD card but the same thing keeps happening loading... in white bold letters for a long period of time can some show me a link of whts it suppose to look like

jack617

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
R4 doesn't support any SD cards bigger than 2 gigs or SDHC cards, so that may be your problem (as it was mine)

yeah i found this website saying tht sdhc cards dont actually conect to the r4 properly now i gotta get a refund

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up