New to R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by claudekennilol, May 9, 2008.

1. claudekennilol
    OP

claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2008
    United States
    I just borrowed an R4 from one of my friends 'cause his SD card died somehow and I had a spare laying around so I figured I'd give it a try, I've been looking around for a bit but I cannot for the life of me figure out if there's anything special I need to do (like directories / subdirectories / whatnot) to put stuff on my SD card. If someone could give me a short walk through or give me a link of an in depth guide of how to set up the data on my SD card it'd be much appreciated.

2. Enter260

Enter260 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2007
    United States
  3. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
  4. claudekennilol
    OP

May 9, 2008
    United States
    thanks, I think I found what info I needed.

one last question, I downloaded the latest kernel (or whatever it's supposed to be called) and unarchived it to my SD card. Since I chose the English version, I'm supposing that I need the contents of the "English" folder in the root directory instead of the "English" folder itself in the root directory, am I correct in supposing so?

5. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Yes, move everything in the English folder to the root of your card. Also check out my signature for a fixed version of the R4DS loader/firmware if you plan on using cheats at all. [​IMG]

6. jack617

jack617 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2008
    United States
    Im am also new to the r4 ,i need help i download the firmware and put it on my mircoSD card but the same thing keeps happening loading... in white bold letters for a long period of time can some show me a link of whts it suppose to look like

7. claudekennilol
    OP

May 9, 2008
    United States
    R4 doesn't support any SD cards bigger than 2 gigs or SDHC cards, so that may be your problem (as it was mine)

8. jack617

jack617 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2008
    United States
    yeah i found this website saying tht sdhc cards dont actually conect to the r4 properly now i gotta get a refund

9. yagdub

yagdub Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2008
    Poland
    and its not going to r4 start support sdhc in future [​IMG]

10. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???