Gaming New System!!!

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the computer of my dreams together.

Here are the specs.

AMD Phenom II X4 805 - @ 2.5Ghz

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but It's a cheap brand Okia I believe... and I'm sure that ram problem has something to do with it. Also when My computer goes into sleep mode it will wake up on it's own for a moment then go back to sleep... It's really annoying and I'm sure that's also due that PSU.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC won't boot at 1066, it just beeps at me. Then I have to pull out the cmos battery. There's just not enough power.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you up the voltage of the ram also?
should be running @ 2.1v

also let the pc restart for 2 times and if there is a startup problem 2 consecutive times it will reset the changes made to the last known good restart

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sjones900 said:
Yea but It's a cheap brand Okia I believe... and I'm sure that ram problem has something to do with it. Also when My computer goes into sleep mode it will wake up on it's own for a moment then go back to sleep... It's really annoying and I'm sure that's also due that PSU.

Used to happen to me also. Go into device manager, go to properties of your LAN card, then 'power management', untick 'Allow this device to wake the computer'. Packets being sent to your computer can suddenly cause it to wake up.

If that doesn't work do the same for your mouse and keyboard. You'll have to wake your computer by hitting the power button instead of moving your mouse or keyboard.

Also to find out what woke your computer up last out go into command prompt and type the following 'powercfg – lastwake'
Or 'powercfg –devicequery wake_armed' for even more information.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I set my voltage to 2.1 and set the clock to 1066 but it doesn't boot.. It warns me about the voltages too setting it too. I also discovered that my PSU is not a 550 but a 450... Which deeply saddens me. I also can't really overclock my cpu the highest offered 2.5Ghz. But if I recall there is an optional power plug for my cpu. like theres a 4pin cpu connector but if you have another one you can plug that in too for more power. Unfortunately I don't have that extra 4 pin connector. I've actually used all of my power connectors molex and sata. Having this PSU is prolly bad for the life of my computer, so I'll definitely be trading up on it soon.

-edit-
Also can anyone recommend a really good DVD DL burner?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
What are you going to do with 10GHz of processing power? (perhaps emulate a PS3?)

multiple cores dont work that way :|

you should definetely replace that cpu with a trusted brand. You'll probably only need 500W too.
Other than that the pc is brilliant. Maybe you want another 4850 to run in crossfire so you can actually run games at high res in good quality.

as for the dvd dl burner, I use the pioneer 116-DBK. Its a great burner and doesnt sound like a jet taking off when you're burning stuff.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean replace it with a trusted brand? Isn't AMD a trusted brand? And I'm prolly gonna get a 600Watt PSU just to be safe.. And I thought about doing crossfire but that might be some time later... I enjoy crysis at medium settings thank you
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
few reasons why you cant overclock

you have the stock amd hsf, dont bother in that case unless you get a third party hsf

as you mentioned, the cpu will also need extra power of an 8 pin cpu connector

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think he meant to say "psu" for the power supply unit and not "cpu" because if you read xcalibur's post again, he seems to be talking about wattage?

EDIT: Never heard of that brand PSU. Personally, I hear more about Corsair, OCZ, Thermaltake, and a few others.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
750w is serious overkill for that system. i've run i5's/4870's on 520w without problems.

just look into getting trusted brands, corsair, thermaltake, silverstone, seasonic e.t.c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo