Hacking New system update (10.0.0-27)

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This update doesn't include any new features, does it? It's just more patched exploits. If so, I find kind of weird that Nintendo labeled it as 10.0.0, rather than just 9.10.0 :unsure:

Actually, although it doesn't include any new features, many things were changed around deep down the system.

Reactions: Margen67

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how. My N3DS was out of power yesterday. I just changed it and then turn it on lately, it didn't ask do i wanna update or not. It was skiped..
Check your connection settings, and look for the spotpass option. If Spotpass downloads are enabled, system updates will be automatically downloaded if the system is on standby with wifi on.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your connection settings, and look for the spotpass option. If Spotpass downloads are enabled, system updates will be automatically downloaded if the system is on standby with wifi on.

I don't think that is quite accurate. Turning it off only means removing those background download of apps only. The system update will still download in the background in sleep mode with wifi on even if "No" is checked.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that is quite accurate. Turning it off only means removing those background download of apps only. The system update will still download in the background in sleep mode with wifi on even if "No" is checked.
Huh that's funny. It used to work pre-9.9 firmware, now it's automatic no matter what, yeesh :O

You'd still have to say yes to the update though. It's never been self installing without the users input. Sounds like someone touched ptthan's system >_>

Reactions: Margen67

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Right. But you won't have internet acceso at all.
Not all of you said is true!... Anyone, indeed, have some internet access, except for m.youtube.com (used for exploit) and Nintendo servers, AFAIK. Then, is possible to use the console web browser and navigate.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not all of you said is true!... Anyone, indeed, have some internet access, except for m.youtube.com (used for exploit) and Nintendo servers, AFAIK. Then, is possible to use the console web browser and navigate.
Objection! Oh, sorry. Had a flashback about some attorney games.

You're right. Anyway, I don't see that much use to the 3DS browser (even the improved N3DS browser), but good for those who like to use it. I regret more to lose the access to 3DS eShop, which is what I was considering for my sentence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes