Hacking New System Menu Update 4.3

mesact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I was thinking, like you could maybe reinstall the NAND as a previous version, but I figured that wouldn't work considering no one else had posted it before hand.

mesact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, if you have 4.3 and you install bootmii as boot2 via the Smash Stack method, and you have a NAND backup, you can restore the wii as a previous version? That's what I'm asking.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mesact said:
So, if you have 4.3 and you install bootmii as boot2 via the Smash Stack method, and you have a NAND backup, you can restore the wii as a previous version? That's what I'm asking.

No, because the current bootmii installer doesn't work on 4.3.
You could reprogram the nand using infectus or removing the chip off the board.

Though that will only work if you have a machine with a vunerable boot1.

Of course you really should have upgraded to boot2v4 when 4.2 came out & reinstalled bootmii, then installing 4.3 wouldn't have removed it.
Not upgrading to boot2v4 doesn't seem so clever now.

mesact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
mesact said:

No, because the current bootmii installer doesn't work on 4.3.
You could reprogram the nand using infectus or removing the chip off the board.

Though that will only work if you have a machine with a vunerable boot1.

Of course you really should have upgraded to boot2v4 when 4.2 came out & reinstalled bootmii, then installing 4.3 wouldn't have removed it.
Not upgrading to boot2v4 doesn't seem so clever now.
Not on 4.3 yet. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I might get a 4.3 wii soon though. So I hope someone finds a work around.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Is there a safe way to update boot2 to boot2v4 without updating the entire system menu and all IOS'es to 4.2 or 4.3? Like updating a IOS with WAD Manager.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mesact said:
How long do you estimate it's gonna take before they find a way to hack 4.3?

Anywhere from 10 minutes from now till 2012
wink.gif
If they don't come with an HBC before 2012 I think ill just stay on 4.1
biggrin.gif

Developers have all the time they need because they are the ones who wrote the code.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mesact said:
How long do you estimate it's gonna take before they find a way to hack 4.3?

I believe that Team Twiizers already have identified bugs in IOS that can be used to install bootmii/HBC/dvdx (someone correct me if I'm wrong). At this time they are trying to obfuscate their code so that it will take Nintendo longer to find and fix the bugs that they are using.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
panic-button.jpg

It's all over, sell your Wiis, hid the childrens, kiss your mother last time, Nintendo is gonna raid your house, kill your dog and force you play Superman64 48 hours straight.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
OriginalHamster said:
panic-button.jpg

It's all over, sell your Wiis, hid the childrens, kiss your mother last time, Nintendo is gonna raid your house, kill your dog and force you play Superman64 48 hours straight.

LMFAO.

shareisfun said:
This one 4.3x Hacks.ini released http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/06/43x-...i-released.html what can we exactly use it for?

And this Firmware Downgrader 1.11 (mod 1.25) http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/06/firm...11-mod-125.html is it save to use?

1. With Priiloader. They're useless right now because AFAIK, a new version of Priiloader must be released to support System Menu 4.3.
2. That will not update your IOSes, just the System Menu. Why would you want to update, anyway? It is recommended to stay in any other firmware under 4.3. And no, there's no "improvement" on ths new version.

QUOTE(W hat @ Jun 28 2010, 05:35 PM)
Doesn't Smash Stack / Indiana Pwns still work?

Yes, but the HackMii Installer doesn't, because Ninty fixed the IOS exploit that is uses.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W hat said:
Doesn't Smash Stack / Indiana Pwns still work?

It still works but ONLY for people with NTSC-U and PAL Wiis.
I hope they include the JAPs and KORs later on.

So in summary (Dr.Clipper said this) :

QUOTEIt doesn't work for Japan. I made the same mistake earlier. Lego Indiana Jones was never released there. So in summary here are the working exploits on virgin 4.3 Wiis:

US: Indiana Pwns, Smash Stack
PAL: Indiana Pwns
JAP: none
KOR: none

Somebody with the equipment needs to work out how to port the Smash Stack exploit to the Japanese and PAL versions. Probably, it just needs a bit more dummy code. Who released the original Smash Stack exploit anyway?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lego Star Wars was the original homebrew exploit. It was only a proof of concept, never released. Maybe that also works?

I'll bet there's some launch or near-launch titles that can be exploited for Wii as well.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W hat said:
Lego Star Wars was the original homebrew exploit. It was only a proof of concept, never released. Maybe that also works?

I'll bet there's some launch or near-launch titles that can be exploited for Wii as well.

No, the original Lego Star Wars demonstration used the strncmp (i.e. "trucha") bug to load unsigned code from a disc. That has been patched since 3.3.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fogbank said:
W hat said:

No, the original Lego Star Wars demonstration used the strncmp (i.e. "trucha") bug to load unsigned code from a disc. That has been patched since 3.3.

LOL, patched since 3.3?! Talk about immediate nerfage XD
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...